KH Coder Question

Anonymous
2014-01-24
2014-01-27
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2014-01-24

First of all, great software, I am enjoying using it and appreciate the time and effort you have put into it. I am currently using the software to look at Japanese language texts.

I have a rather silly question: after processing the software provides token counts in two figures, one labelled 'in-use.' What is the difference between the 'in-use' figure and the apparently 'non-in-use' figure?

Good luck with the book.

Last edit: Anonymous 2014-05-09
  • HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2014-01-24

Hi, thank you for the encouraging comment. I appreciate it.

When you are analyzing Japanese language text, KH Coder ignores some words like “wo” and “ga.” These words are both postpositional particles and they do not express any contents of the data. They always occur in any Japanese text regardless of theme or message content of the data. So KH Coder will ignore these words. The special POS tag “Other” will be given to these words. It is like stop words of English data. These words are “not-in-use” words.

KH Coder displays (1) the number of all tokens/types (both not-in-use and in-use) and (2) the number of tokens/types that are in use only. These are the 2 figures.

I hope I am making myself clear enough.
    If not, please post a question again.

Best regards,

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2014-01-24
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2014-01-27

Thanks for that information, I suspected that this was the case but just wanted confirmation.

Last edit: Anonymous 2015-03-15
  • HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2014-01-27

You are welcome! And I am sorry that detailed manual in English language is not ready yet.

Well, but can you read Japanese? You may try "khcoder_manual.pdf" in the same folder with "kh_coder.exe." :)

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks