Anonymous
2013-09-02
2013-09-06
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2013-09-02

Hi I tried to follow the example of data preparation, but returns an error:
    "Failed in acessing MySQL database system.
    KH Coder will exit now.
    List DBs."

What am i doing wrong? By the way i'm using windows 7.

Thanks a lot!

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2013-09-02

Hi,

It happens when KH Coder or MySQL is blocked by firewall or security software because KH Coder uses TCP/IP to access MySQL. So you can try temporarily disabling your firewall / security software and doing it again.

Or you can try this procedure.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/khc/discussion/222396/thread/dffc5f3d/

Best regards,

• Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2013-09-05

Hi,

Please, I also have a question regarding an error that I get when I try to open my txt file.

I was using KH coder for some weeks, without having any problem. I didnt change any folder location, any file... nothing.

However, lately I am getting the message I attach in the email when I try to open the txt to proceed with my analysis.

Any suggestion why this happens?

Thanks a lot for your always very useful help!

Julieta

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2013-09-06

Hi, thank you for your post!

Hmm, can you open other projects? And before this happens, did you see any error messages in pre-processing? Also, do you have enough free space on your HDD/SDD?

It seems that there are no data in MySQL database for this project. But MySQL is pretty reliable and it is not supposed to happen without any error messages, I think...

Anyway, to perform analysis, please make a copy of the data file and save it as different name. Then make a new project with the copied file in KH Coder, and try running pre-processing. If KH Coder itself is not damaged and there is enough free space on the disk, it will work in this way maybe.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks