2012-09-16
  • leicest

leicest - 2007-02-21

hello,,
    i want to install kguitar in my computer, i downloaded :
    kguitar-0.5.tar.bz2
    kguitar-0.5-alt1.i586.rpm
    kguitar-0.5-alt1.src.rpm

i had all the three file but i dont know where to start..all the packages have unknown file format in my computer,and i dont know what program created them.. can some one help me plzzzzz.

• Reinhard Katzmann

kguitar should build on windows provided you make the hazzle to install all requirements (kde3/qt3 and development files as well as tse3 and development files, mingw compiler).
      If porting work to KDE4 (or better only Qt4) should ever be done it will be a bit easier to get it running on windows as for Qt4 is easier to get and install.

Regards,

Reinhard

• Mikhail Yakshin

Mikhail Yakshin - 2007-02-21

Installing rpm packages is usually done by issuing a command like:

rpm -U kguitar-0.5-alt1.i586.rpm

I suggest you to read basic documentation on your operating system on things like these...

• leicest

leicest - 2007-02-22

excuse me,, are the three files all the neccessary files to install kguitar.. i really want to install kguitar but i do not have enough knowledge so i cant install it.. or is there another way to download kguitar?? im using windows xp..

• leicest

leicest - 2007-02-22

and also, i have another question, is there any executable file to be downloaded??

• leicest

leicest - 2007-02-23

ah... ok now i know... windows is not a supported OS.. im sorry.. whew,, but i really want to get kguitar.. can you suggest another similar software(just like kguitar) which is suitable for windows?? i have dguitar but it doesnt satisfy me...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks