Samsung i600 issue

2007-06-19
2013-04-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I have SGH-i600 the blackjack.

I have installed KeepassSD latest version for smartphones and it works as a viewer.

The issue is with finding entries easily. In the phone if I press 'Q' 'W' 'A' 'S' 'Y' 'O' 'P'  or 'L' KeepassSD goes to the entry with that alphabet but for all other alphabets it just gives a key tone and stops where it is. Since there are many many entries in all alphabets my only option is to scroll down and get the entry that I want which is a painful process.

On further looking  at the issue I foine that the remaining alphabets are grouped as probable entry for numeric data for dialling eg: 1/E & @/R (2 keys adjacent) can be used for number entry '1', similarly 2/T & $,Z for digit '2' and so on.

I am not able to find a way to enable these keys to be input as alphanumeric during keepassSD search. DO you have an idea

• Tobias

Tobias - 2007-06-25

Hi nobody!

Yes it works as a viewer, that's why it's an Alpha :-).

I do not own a Smartphone with Keyboard, so all i have is the numbers 0-9, * and #.
      Testing on a Windows Mobile Emulator Image with a Keyboard showed now problems.
      I could navigate to any desired Group or Entry, given that it is currently expanded.

However it is very well possible that Samsung did something "special" to the SGH-i600 phone. All i could do in Software is to explicitly set the input format for the TreeView to alphabetical characters. If you send me your e-mail Adress i can give you a Testversion and you can check if it is any better.

Bests,
      Tobias

• Nobody/Anonymous

sekhar_sarma at hotmail.com is my email id. Thanks a lot for your time

• Nobody/Anonymous

HI Thanks a  lot for the file.

The issue is not solved yet. The keepassSD works fine as such but the keypad issue is not yet solved.

Thanks for the efforts.

Regards

• Nobody/Anonymous

I am planning to upgrade my i600 from WM5 to WM6. Will Keepass SD work. Which version to download.

Regards,

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I am not able to find out 2 separate downloads 1 for classic and 1 for Professional. in the links. Am I missing the CLASSIC download which I need by mistake.

SO for the present I downloaded WM6 professional (KeePassSD_WM6_prof_V0.0.7_Bin.zip) installed it my i600 which is WM6 based now. It gives the error while running that PocketPC version of keepasssd cannot be run on this smartphone device

Before upgrading from WM5 to WM6 I did not check this obviously and now I am in trouble as I cannot revert back to WM5. Even I would really like to do that as Keepass is the single most important program in my life.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

• Nobody/Anonymous

I tried installing WM6 std on my i600 WM6 and VIOLA it works. I think you meant std as the one for smartphone but wrote wrongly right?

• Tobias

Tobias - 2007-08-11

You are right. Here is the corrected table:

WM5 Smartphone is now called WM6 Standard
        WM5 PocketPC is now called WM6 Classic
        WM5 Phone Edition is now called WM6 Professional

Tobias

• Nobody/Anonymous

One more thing, I had a "qwertz" keyset as I bought this phone in Switzerland and I use it in English language setting. Thay was why I believe I was not able to search the items in the database alphabetically. Now I changed the operator setting (which was swiss earlier even with english language) to Sweedish and again the key search seem to work except that when I want to search for things starting with B after searching for things with A, I have to use the down or up arrow once. This is applicable for switching between any alphabets.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2007-08-11

Sorry my Smartphone has still only the keys 0-9, * and #.
        I really cannot help you with any keyboard problems.
        Some programmer from the community who actually owns a Smartphone with a keypad has to debug these issues.
        On the emulator everything seems to work find.

Tobias