Samsung Omnia i910 won't run KPSD 0.1.3

kccameron
2009-08-05
2013-04-22
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • kccameron

kccameron - 2009-08-05

KeePass PPC runs fine on my Omnia, but SD either just exits when I try to create, import, or open a new database, or it freezes with the "hourglass" spinning. I've installed .net 3.5 as well as the .net configurator which allows me to use either the 3.5.7283.0 version, or the built-in 2.0.7045.0 (ROM) version. I've tried both. Any ideas? Any other Omnia users that have had success?

• Tobias

Tobias - 2009-08-09

Hi kccameron!

This is the same problem that Dietrich is complaining about in the german forum.
      Yes it happens on some devices, and i can't reproduce it and hence not debug it.
      Might have something to do with the application lock. What does the utility "Check Lock" say when you run it on your PDA?

Bests,
      Tobias

• kccameron

kccameron - 2009-08-10

"Check Lock" says my phone is NOT locked.
      Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro
      CE OS 5.2.20276 (Build 20276.1.3.3)
      Processor: ARM920T PXA312

I am VERY new to Windows Mobile. I've always used Palm mobile devices. But if there's anything else I can do to help you troubleshoot this, let me know.

• Scott

Scott - 2009-08-13

Any chance this could be due to the number of key encryption rounds?  When mine was set high, I never could open the DB.  I had to reduce the number.  KeePass was locking before it ever let me into the DB.  I use the default timeout (assuming it can be changed)

• kccameron

kccameron - 2009-08-13

I can't create a NEW database. How do you change the number of key encryption rounds?

Would it have anything to do with the non-standard screen resolution of 240 x 400? Or 16 bit color depth?

• Pedro

Pedro - 2009-10-06

I have a similar problem with a Samsung Blackjack. Neither the SD version or the PCC version works. Both are installed without problems, but when I try to run it, I get a message that the applications does not run on WM6.1.

• Pedro

Pedro - 2009-10-06

Please disregard my post. I haven't see that there was posts on similar subjects. I will post again if I still have problems. My apologies

• Marc

Marc - 2010-03-18

Yes, I have the same locking problem with the file selector, and I tried the FileSelector.cab and it fails: "An unexpected error has occurred in FileSelector.exe. Select Quit and restart this program, or select Details for more information".
    Details returns:
    FileSelector.exe
    NotSupportedException

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
    at Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.InputPanel..ctor()
    at KeePass.KeePassSD.FileSelectorForm.InitializeComponent()
    at KeePass.KeePassSD.FileSelectorForm..ctor()
    at KeePass.KeePassSD.Program.Main()

Thanks for looking into it! Hope this helps.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-19

Hm ok, know we know that zincalarm has a device without touchscreen, that cannot show the input-panel :-)
    Before i produce a non-touch debug version, can the guys with devices that have a touchscreen and the lockup problem give it a try?

Thanks,
    Tobias

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Ok nobody else is interested anymore… I replaced the FileSelector.cab with a non-touch version.
    Can you give it another try zincalarm?
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepasssd/files/KeePassSD/xxxDebugxxx/FileSelector.CAB

Do you get the lockup now? That is: The busy rotating circle / sandclock showing and nothing else happening anymore?

Tobias

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks Tobias. I get the following exception straight away, but no lockup / busy rorating circle:
    UnauthorizedAccessException
    at System.IO._Error.WinIOError()
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames()
    at Systel.IO..DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()
    at KeePass.KeePassSD.FileSelectorForm.displayChildNodes()
    at KeePass.KeePassSD.FileSelectorForm.treeView_BeforeExpand()
    at System.Windows.Form.TreeView.OnBeforeExpand()
    …_.

Note that my device is all application unlocked and I never had permission problems perfore.
    Thanks._

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Ok, looks like we are approaching the problem :)

New version:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepasssd/files/KeePassSD/xxxDebugxxx/FileSelector.CAB

I sprinkled the code with MessageBox calls… So a lot of "Done" keypresses might be necessary…
    Unless it goes wrong right at the very beginning. All i try to do is to read directories and files info.

Tobias

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can get as far as the 4th box, i.e. "numElementsinDir=dirInfo.GetDirectories().Length; (3)" (that's the second numElemsinDir box, the first numElementsinDir is (2) ) then I get the same exception.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Ok.. we can't access the second directory in the root folder…
    I added another version which should print the name:

Guess i should just be pragmatic… Accept that there are unaccessible directories and show them inactive/unselectable element with a different icon.

Tobias

• Nobody/Anonymous

It won't download fom sourceforge. Could you try re-uploading it?
    But I agree it would be more stable if you just skipped any directory that won't behave properly. When I use the built-in explorer, the second directoy to show at the root of the device is "Bluethoot neighbourhood", so I guess it could explain the problem…

ZincAlarm.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Ok uploaded again…

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yep, that's it. First one is "Storage Card", numElementsinDir=3, second one is "BlueTooth Neighbourhood", then fail. Note that "BlueTooth Neighbourhood" can be opened with the regular explorer, but maybe it needs a different sysem call to list its contents? Anyway, that's not where anyone would put his keepass db file.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Hm okay… The Emulator doesn't have a Bluetooth Neighbourhood of course, neither has any one of my real devices :-)
    Also the security exception we get is not documented for a call to GetDirectories.

Can you try the next version and see if you get any further?

• Nobody/Anonymous

It does not help if the emulator does not have it indeed!
    It stops at the same place, after subDirs = dirInfo.GetDirectories(); (4) \Bluetooth Neighbourhood

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Ups.. typo… I should try to catch "UnauthorizedAccessException" and not something else.
    New version uploaded: https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepasssd/files/KeePassSD/xxxDebugxxx/FileSelector.CAB
    (Thanks for your patience btw. I am the first one to admit that this is tedious and slow, but what shall i do if i am not seeing the problem.)
    If this doesn't work either i have to explicitly filter out directories called Bluetooth Neighbourhood….

• Nobody/Anonymous

This works fine now, "Bluetooth Neighbourhood" just shows with a red cross, and I can navigate the rest. Good job Tobias! Thanks for your patience too.
    Cheers.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Works fine too. I can navigate the directories, but I see no files. Is it the way it is intended?

• Tobias

Tobias - 2010-03-20

Yep that's fine… It filters for *.kdbx files.

Ok i created a testversion for KeePassSD WM6 Standard (Non-Touch) and Professional (Touch)
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepasssd/files/KeePassSD/xxxDebugxxx/

Note that this uses KeePassLibSD V2.10 and KeePassLibC V1.17 already…

Hope it works,
    Tobias

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks