Disable auto-logoff?

2008-09-15
2013-04-22
  • John Krukoff

John Krukoff - 2008-09-15

Is there any way to disable auto-logoff? I know it's supposed to be the big new feature, but it's incredibly annoying. In order to pay my credit card bill, I had to re-enter my password no less than 5 times to log back into the application over the course of 10 minutes of use in order to retrieve all the necessary passwords for the variety of sites required.

My mobile goes into standby quite quickly, as it eats battery power, and that's the only way I can keep it running for a full day. At least if KeepPass didn't auto-logoff when the device went into standby I'd have a chance, as then I could set the timeouts to some high value and ignore it, but as it is, my device always goes into standby before the idle timeouts kick in.

Or, if I could just disable the feature altogether, that'd make me happy too. Downgrading to previous version tonight, as the new one is simply unusably frustrating for me.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2008-09-15

Fair point. I'll make it an option to disable Auto-Logoff for power events in one of the next releases.
      On KeePassPPC V0.4.7 you can revert to the old behaviour by writing a specific registry key.
      But it sounds as if you are using KeePassSD, so that won't help.

Tobias

• John Krukoff

John Krukoff - 2008-09-15

I am using KeePassPPC, as I was frightened off by the big red alpha label on KeePassSD. It sounds like this registry key is exactly what I'm looking for. I double checked the documentation, and didn't see a note of it. If you would be so kind as to point me to the right location, I would be most grateful.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2008-09-15

Well, it's not documented. I just kept the code as a fallback if something goes wrong.
        You need to get a registry editor (e.g. PHM Regedit) and change the following DWORD while the application is not running:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DA&TS\KeePassPPC\KeePassDoc\LockTimeDef"

and set it

"-1"

Then the program should behave like elder versions, that is:
        Hitting the minimize button will exit the application; No idle timeout; No exit if device is turned off.

Probably make a backup before, in case something goes wrong.

Ah and btw. as some other user already noticed: As long as you keep an entry open the device won't auto-exit anyhow. So only on the "idle/main" screen the timer is active and the device is listening for the power events.

Tobias

• John Krukoff

John Krukoff - 2008-09-19

Wanted to stop back in and say thank you! I no longer swear when having to enter multiple passwords, and I haven't seen any problems when having this registry key set.

Thanks again!

• Tobias

Tobias - 2008-09-23

You are welcome. Hope i have enough time to put it in as an option for the next release.

BR,
            Tobias

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks