Keepass not working with Samsung Blackjack

2006-11-24
2013-04-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I just wanted to post a question and see if anyone has any ideas.  I've installed the latest released version of Keepass for Windows Mobile onto my new Samsung Blackjack which is a Windows Mobile 5.0 device.

Install seems to go successfully but when I try to run the Keepass application through the application launcher it reports "Alert Can't find 'KeePassPPC' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available".

If anyone has any ideas let me know thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have just installed version 0.3.2 on my SAMSUNG SGH-i320N (WM 2005) but it does not work. I get the same error message "Alert Can't find 'KeePassPPC' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

Any ideas?

Thank you,
      Ivo

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've looked and confirmed that the Keepass executable, shortcut and registry entries are in the phone and correctly created.  Does the executable look for something on startup that would cause this to happen?

Thanks.

• Tobias

Tobias - 2006-11-26

If KeePassPPC does not work, this is always because you try to run it on either a PocketPC 2002 device, or on a Smartphone device. The next version of KeePassPPC will have a nice popup saying: I cannot run on Smartphone devices.

So chances are, that the Samsung Blackjack is a Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone and not a Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC.

I am working on an Alpha-Version of a Simple Smartphone KeePassSD Viewer application. If you send me an e-mail, i can put you on the list of brave adventurous people trying the Alpha.

Tobias

• Nobody/Anonymous

Tobias,

Thanks, I think that the confusion is that the readme, etc, says that the app works with Windows Mobile 5.0 without specifying that it does not work with Smartphones.

Definitely a Smartphone viewer, even if it cannot edit the information would be a step forward.

my email is jason (at) pagefamily (dot) net

Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

You are right, the Samsung SGH-i320n is a Windows mobile 5.0 Smartphone :-(

A viewer-only version would be more than ok!

I would be glad to test the alpha version.
      My E-mail is
      ivo (at) spilimbergo (dot) com

Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm also interested in trying a Windows Mobile smartphone version viewer.

I'm running a T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur)

My email is tcp277 (-at-) yahoo (-dot-) com.

I'd love to try the Alpha.

Thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Has anyone been able to try the smartphone alpha version?

tcp277 (-at-) yahoo (-dot-) com

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have too a Samsung i-320 running WM2005 smartphone
      I'd like to try the alpha. This soft is very important form me
      airtay(at)tiscali(dot)fr
      thank you

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have a Motorola Q (Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone) and would be interested in a full read/write version if that were eventually possible, but will in the meantime be thrilled to even have a Viewer version.  ccjones_2112(^.a.t.^)comcast(^.d.o.t^)net

• Nobody/Anonymous

So.. Got the alpha viewer installed. Startup is pretty darn slow; took about 45 seconds on my T-Mobile dash (HTC620). I got an error when browsing to the KDB file and clicking on the "root" directory:

"An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found"

Dismissing this did open up my view of folders, however, and let me open up my .KDB file.

The viewing seems to work very well, and is actually pretty responsive. I've also got files embedded in some of my entries, and it doesn't choke on them..

Overall, a job well done for an alpha!

-Chris

tcp277 (-at-) yahoo (-dot-) com

• Tobias

Tobias - 2006-12-16

Guys i really appreciate your interest in the Windows Mobile Smartphone 5.0 version.
      Only problem is: I do not own a WM5.0 Smartphone myself. So all work is done on the emulator and this is not really ideal for adding all necessary key-events, finding exceptions or doing speed improvements.

So what shall i do?:
      a) Release the Alpha as is and get swamped with bugreports i can do nothing about?
      b) Wait for some guy who has an "old" WM5.0 Smartphone he/she does no longer use and donates
         to the project?
      c) Wait for enough cash donations to buy a WM5.0 Smartphone?

If you have any good ideas how to proceed please post them here.
      I am working in a company that does software for mobile phones, so i cannot even remember the last time when i bought a real phone in the shop. Seems a bit pointless if you can get prototypes for free. However if the community finances 50% of an WM5.0 Smartphone, i'll pay the other half. Don't get me wrong i really don't want to make any profit! This is strictly a hobby, but why should i spend 400$ for something i do not really need?

Kind Regards,
      Tobias

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks