Welcome to Help

Help
2007-06-25
2013-05-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Help

• mikecon

mikecon - 2007-07-24

I use with great satisfaction keepass safe on my computers, now I bought the new Nokia E90 Communicator.
      I downloaded your KeePass J2ME, followed all instruction on your read-me, but, when I tryed to install on the mobile the file "KeePassInstaller.jar", the mobile says "file jar non valido!" ("file jar not valable!").
      Maybe the E90 is it too new ??
      Waiting for your help, thanks and congratulations for your job, best regards Mikecon

• mikecon

mikecon - 2007-07-26

Thanks for your answer. Read Q1, Q2 and Q3 of FAQ.
      I have in the file "programs" the file Java\jdk1.6.0\bin and there (in "bin") are the files java.exe and jar.exe.
      Unfortunately the file KeePassJ2ME-KDB.jar is not created, only the file Database.kdb.
      Thanks any way, Mikecon

• Naomaru Itoi

Naomaru Itoi - 2007-07-26

What error message does the KeePassInstaller.bat give you?

Do you have jar.exe in PATH?

Thanks,

Nao

• mikecon

mikecon - 2007-07-29

Finally I reached to install!! Thanks.
          I suggest that in your "Readme" file you add this: "This package requires JDK to be installed.  java.exe, jar.exe and jli.dll must be in the path on the file where tou will unzip "KeePassJ2ME-*.zip"

• Naomaru Itoi

Naomaru Itoi - 2007-07-30

Thanks.  I'll add it to README.

• Anonymous - 2007-07-29

Hi
      I have a Sony Ericsson W810i and tried to install Keepass on it. I could create, download and start it, but after entering a password an error occurs. It just tells "Fehler in der Anwendung" (error in the application) and quits.
      Is there something I could do about it?
      Thanks,
      Stephan

• Naomaru Itoi

Naomaru Itoi - 2007-07-31

Hi, Stephan,

Hmm strange.  Do you use non-default encryption mechanism for the KDB (e.g. TwoFish or encryption rounds != 6000)?  KeePass for J2ME only supports the default mechanism.

Maybe I can send you a test KDB file with a known password.  Please send me e-mail at nao at phoneid dot org if you'd like this go this route.

Thanks,

> I have a Sony Ericsson W810i and tried to install Keepass on it. I could create, download and start it, but after entering a password an error occurs. It just tells "Fehler in der Anwendung" (error in the application) and quits.
        Is there something I could do about it?

• Anonymous - 2007-08-02

Could I assist debugging the application. I just downloaded the Java Wireless Toolkit, but I cannot create a project out of the source files.
          How do you compile the application?

• Anonymous - 2007-08-02

After another closer look into the docs I managed to create a project and compile it myself. So now I'd need some hint about how to create useful debug information.

• Naomaru Itoi

Naomaru Itoi - 2007-08-02

Hi, Stephan,

Please help me to understand the situation completely. 

You have included your .kdb file (V1, not V2) in KeePassJ2ME-KDB.jar by running KeePassInstaller.bat, right?

And you have selected "use local copy", right?

After typing password, do you see "Decrypting Key Database ... Please wait" for a while, or do you see the error message immediately?

I will try to create a version with debug messages, and will send it to you.  Understanding this would help me concentrate on particular location.

Thanks,

P.S. Is there anybody other than Stephan who uses Sony Ericsson W810i?  Do you see the same problem?

Nao

• Naomaru Itoi

Naomaru Itoi - 2007-08-03

Hi, again,

I have put version 1.0.4 with debug messages (1.0.4-dbg) on file release.

Please install this and let me know what you see.

BTW, this release is ONLY for debugging purpose.  It doesn't add any features to 1.0.4.  So unless you are debugging the application, you don't need to install it.

Thanks,

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

Testing was not too easy. It didn't display the form with debug information long enough to read. So I used MessageBox to display information.
                The error occurs in

PwManager.java:         SHA256Digest md = new SHA256Digest();
                ImporterV3.java:       newManager.setMasterKey( password ,mid);
                called by KeePassMidlet.java:         mPwManager = new ImporterV3(form).openDatabase(is,pwb.getResult(), this);

When I first tried to compile KeePassJ2ME I got the error "duplicate class" for all classes from crypto and util packages. Now the error disappeared - I don't know why.

• Naomaru Itoi

Hi, Stephan,

You are doing great, and I truly appreciate your help. 

As I understand, your testing revealed this is the root of the error.

PwManager.java: SHA256Digest md = new SHA256Digest();

I checked the implementation of SHA256Digest() in BouncyCastle, but as far as I can tell, this does not throw an exception, nor returns an error.  So I am puzzled.  What do you exactly mean by "The error occurs in"?  Please explain in the nature of the error you observe.

Thanks,

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

Hi!
                    It seems strange to me, too.
                    Now I changed the code this way:
                             box = new MessageBox (Definition.TITLE,"1",AlertType.ERROR,mid,false,null);
                             box.waitForDone();       
                            SHA256Digest md;
                             box = new MessageBox (Definition.TITLE,"2",AlertType.ERROR,mid,false,null);
                             box.waitForDone();       
                            md = new SHA256Digest();
                             box = new MessageBox (Definition.TITLE,"3",AlertType.ERROR,mid,false,null);
                             box.waitForDone();       
                    mid is an reference to the main midlet - I pass it as extra argument to the function.
                    The first two message boxes appear, the third not.

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

And if I add
                             SHA256Digest md = new SHA256Digest();
                    to the beginning of openDatabaseAndDisplay, the error occurs there, too (I put it before the PasswordBox, so the box doesn't appear: the error comes first).

• Naomaru Itoi

Could you replace all the occurences of "SHA256Digest" with this full path, and try again?

org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.SHA256Digest

Thanks,

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

Doesn't work. I've no idea at the moment.

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

I found out that you can catch the error with
                           try {
                            org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.SHA256Digest md = new org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.SHA256Digest();
                            } catch (Error ee) {
                                 MessageBox box = new MessageBox (Definition.TITLE,
                                                 "openDatabaseAndDisplay() received error: " + ee.getMessage(),
                                                 AlertType.ERROR,
                                                 this,
                                                 false,
                                                 null);
                                box.waitForDone();      
                            }
                        but ee.getMessage() only returns (null).

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

Hi there,
                          I have found an easy fix. One simply has to rename the class GeneralDigest. Then everything works fine.
                          Another (equivalent) fix seems to be to write full path org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.GeneralDigest everywhere.

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

Sorry, but I mixed something up: only renaming GeneralDigest (eg to GeneralDigest2) fixes the problem. The full path doesn't help.

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

A second working fix is renaming the package of GeneralDigest (e.g. to digests2)

• Anonymous - 2007-08-03

I found other people having the same problem:
      http://developer.sonyericsson.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28318

Most important is the statement of a sony ericsson developer:

>This problem only occurs on Java Platform 6 phones. I have reported the problem but I'm not sure if and when it will be fixed. The problem is caused by the package name.
      >A workaround you can do is to change the name of the whole package. For example you can change the folder "org" to "org1". And then change all "package" and "import" statement from "org" to "org1" in all java files.

• Naomaru Itoi

Great - Stephane, you did it all.  Thank you so much.

I don't understand the problem completely - from your description and the forum you've pointed me to, it looks like some Sony Ericsson phones have this particular package (org.bouncycastle) defined.  Does that mean SE uses BouncyCastle in their software?  Very interesting. 

I guess changing the package name is a better way than changing the class name from SHA256Digest to GeneralDigest, because other class names may have similar problems.  I will release a new version with this fix later today.

Thanks again.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks