File browser does not see standard folders

francesco
2008-10-12
2013-05-13
  • francesco

francesco - 2008-10-12

Hi.
    Thank you very much for having brought to J2ME the most useful KeePass, great job!

I'm writing since I'm experiencing a strange behaviour by the file system browser which lets me pick up the kdb file on the phone, on a Nokia E65 device.

In order to have synchronization with desktop assured by the standard file sync feature, I've put my kdb file in the c:\data\<synchronized files> folder, but when I've to select the kdb location, the file browser does not see but images/, sound/, videos/ subfolders n c:\data.

Is there any way to adjust for it?

Thanks you very much,
    francesco

• Kevin O'Rourke

Kevin O'Rourke - 2008-10-13

The Java runtime on the phone can choose to restrict which files and folders are accessible to midlets.  It looks like this might be what's causing the problem you're seeing.

• francesco

francesco - 2008-10-13

Hi Kevin,
      Thank you for your reply!

I'd just like to ask now: do you have any clue on how to unlock file system visibility on the JRE?

Thank you again,
      francesco

• Kevin O'Rourke

Kevin O'Rourke - 2008-10-13

Signed applications might get to see more, otherwise it's just not possible.  So it's probably bad news for you.

This kind of thing is why developing for J2ME is so exciting, you never know just which things the manufacturer is going to let you do on any one of the thousands of different devices out there.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks