#12 in latest beta , added entry , db currupt

v1.4.0
closed-fixed
nobody
None
5
2010-06-28
2010-06-24
Sachin M
No

Hi,

When added new entry .. saved... worked fine.

Later on 2nd day again added new entry and saved

Now db not opening.
tried many ways with correct password without key file

error
Wrong Password, keyfile or database corrupted (database did not decrypt correctly(1))

Regards,

Discussion

  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-24
    • milestone: --> v1.4.0
     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-24
    • summary: keepass J2ME v1.4 Beta 4 --> in latest beta , added entry , db currupt
     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-24

    original db created in keepass v1.16 (windows)

     
  • Stepan

    Stepan - 2010-06-24

    I can not reproduce this error. You can give more information?
    * Which fields are filled when adding records?
    * File is stored on the file system or in the recordstore?
    * Nesting level categories?
    * Length of file?
    * You can reproduce the bug (if you have a previous version of the database)?

     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-24

    * Which fields are filled when adding records?
    -- except url field .. all field filled
    * File is stored on the file system or in the recordstore?
    -- in mobile (file system)
    * Nesting level categories?
    -- under 1 nesting
    * Length of file?
    -- 35.4 KB
    * You can reproduce the bug (if you have a previous version of the
    database)?
    -- it will take me around 15 days as kdb backup is at my Home PC but surely try to do same thing again and report you. else will test again with other cases.

    Thanks,

     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-24

    also db file on file system has other extension rather than .kdb

     
  • Stepan

    Stepan - 2010-06-24

    > also db file on file system has other extension rather than .kdb

    Originally there was another, or changed after saving?
    When storing used "Save", or "Save as ..."?

     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-25

    Hello,
    originally file extention was different (not kdb)

    both time when entry added i used SAVE only.

    Regards

     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-26

    Hi
    once again done research & found same error
    *database has 9 groups
    *each group has 5-25 entries
    *most of entries has notes
    *overall db has 125 entries & size 32kb

    steps
    1. added entry in 1st node & saved & db closed
    2. added another entry in 2nd node & saved & db closed
    3. deleted 1st entry , saved
    4. when reopened error!

    done same thing 2 time & found same error

    request : please create .bak file so that atleast we can have last backup

    regards

     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-26

    Hi
    once again done research & found same error
    *database has 9 groups
    *each group has 5-25 entries
    *most of entries has notes
    *overall db has 125 entries & size 32kb

    steps
    1. added entry in 1st node & saved & db closed
    2. added another entry in 2nd node & saved & db closed
    3. deleted 1st entry , saved
    4. when reopened error!

    done same thing 2 time & found same error

    request : please create .bak file so that atleast we can have last backup

    regards

     
  • Stepan

    Stepan - 2010-06-28

    I guess what I found and fixed the problem (more precisely, even two errors, one appeared with a probability of 1 / 16).
    I've uploaded the corrected version - 1.4.0 Beta 5.
    Please try and thanks you for your involvement in the testing.

     
  • Sachin M

    Sachin M - 2010-06-28

    hello stepan_s,

    works well, nice ..
    no problem. tested again.. ok now.

    I will try for more bug if I find.. i will suggest you.

    Thanks

     
  • Stepan

    Stepan - 2010-06-28
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks