KeyPass breaks Chrome chat

Help
Doug
2014-04-30
2014-05-01
  • Doug

Doug - 2014-04-30

I am a new KeePass user. I searched the forums for 'chrome' & 'chat' but did not see my problem listed.

After installing KeePass-2.26-Setup.exe my Google chrome chat is broken.

Specifically, an incoming voice call ("Call computer" in Google chat) rings once. If I notice the single ring and answer the call I cannot hear the caller nor can they hear me. If I hang up and call back, chat works as normal.

I had made 2 changes (adding KeePass & updating Classic Shell) when the problem appeared. Unsure of the cause, I rolled back my system using a system image created before the changes. I verified Google chrome chat was working as expected (incoming calls ring until answered, and, when answered, we can hear each other). Then, I re-installed KeePass 2.26 & re booted; the problem was back. :(

I think it might have something to do with the way KeePass monitors open windows??
    Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?
    I would love to use KeePass, the global auto-type feature is very cool & powerful but maybe that is part of the conflict?

Thanking in advance for any help.

System details:
    Dell OptiPlex 755 with W7 Pro 32 bit.
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz
    Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6450
    Google Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m

• Horst

Horst - 2014-04-30

KeePass does not monitor open windows in any way !
    Only after you press the hotkey it uses the topmost windows and looks for matching entries.
    That has no relationship to Google chat at all.
    Using Keepass 2.26 on Windows 7 x64 and Chrome version 34.0.1847.131m

• Doug

Doug - 2014-04-30

Horst, thank you for the info, very interesting.

Can you please confirm that you do use Google chat and that when you receive a voice call (computer to computer) it rings in Chrome, and, further, when you answer the chat works as expected?

• Paul

Paul - 2014-05-01

Does chat work if you do not have KeePass running?
    Restore your working image and use portable KeePass. Does chat work with KeePass running and not running?

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks