Auto-Type is much slower after upgrading from v1.23 to v2.20.1

Help
joe
2013-01-25
2013-01-29
  • joe

joe - 2013-01-25

Hello,

Decided to try v2 today and noticed that the typing speed of Auto-Type is noticeably slower. I'm using the portable version of both. This is what I did:

I created a new database and then imported a copy of the database from v1.23. The import went fine as far as I can tell.

When I tested Auto-Type, it seemed noticeably slower then v1.23. On a 60 character password v1.x takes about 1.5 seconds and v2.x takes about 4.5 seconds. I tested it on Notepad and the normal program, no difference in typing speed. Also tested on a couple of websites in Firefox and it is slower there also.

I tried adding {DELAY=1} to the Auto-Type for a couple of entries, but that made no difference. I haven't changed any settings in V2.x.

I'd like it to Auto-Type as fast as v1.x. Any ideas on what I need to do?

Thanks for any help - Joe

pc is a 7 year old Toshiba laptop with XP Home fully updated, 2 gb ram.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-01-25

That may just be the breaks.

I observe a similar 3 fold drop in auto-type speed going from KeePass 1.21 to 2.20.1 on similarly old equipment. However, in my case the absolute speeds are faster at ~90 and ~30 characters/sec respectively. The computer is a Dell D600 laptop with a pentium M 2.0GHz single processor with 2GB of memory and Windows 7 Home Edition 32bit.

• joe

joe - 2013-01-29

Thanks for the input Wellread1. You may be right, but it seems like too much of a performance drop to me.

I may stick with v2.x though, because of the key logger protection.

Joe

• Paul

Paul - 2013-01-29

For the record there is not really any protection from key loggers.
    1st law of computing security: if a bad guy can persuade you to run his software on your machine it's no longer your machine.

cheers, Paul