Google Drive and Android

Help
Bob
2012-10-27
2013-02-15
  • Bob

Bob - 2012-10-27

Hi,

I am trying to use Google Drive's sync function to keep my .kbdx file up to date between my laptop and my android phone.  Here's what I am doing, tell me what I'm doing wrong.  Google Drive creates a folder on my laptop where it it syncs everything saved there with the "cloud" , so I saved my .kbdx file there.  Google drive also creates a similar folder on my phone, so I point my Keepass app to that folder and select my .kbdx file.  When I try to open my .kbdx file, the app tells me "database format not recognized".  However, if I were to connect my phone to my laptop via usb cable, then copy and past the .kbdx file somewhere on my phone, the app recognizes the file and works properly. 

I have even tried  moving the .kbdx file that I transferred using google drive to other locations on the phone, and it still did not work.  (I thought maybe something funny was going on in the google drive folder) Is Google Drive doing something to the file?  Any thoughts on what's going wrong here?

Thanks for your help.

B

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-27

It does sound like Google is mucking you file up.
    Make sure you have a good copy somewhere not on your sync folder and try this.
    Copy the database to the phone via USB.
    Open the database on the phone.
    Remove the file from the sync folder on the PC.
    Sync the folder from the phone to the PC.
    Try to open the DB on the PC.
    Make a change to the DB on the PC.
    Sync.
    Open the DB on the phone.

cheers, Paul

• Bob

Bob - 2012-10-27

Thanks!  I'll try it.

• Egro Fecruos

Egro Fecruos - 2013-02-15

I am trying to get this set up, but need some help...

• I have the Windows version working.

• I have the plugin installed, went through all of the crazy Google API stuff and edited the config file and all of that to get it syncing with my Google Drive.

• The KeePass kdbx file is showing up in the Google Drive on my Android phone

• I'm not sure how to make KeePassDroid on my phone start using that file.

I see it in my Google Drive, but outside of that app, I have no idea how to get to it or anything.

Guidance?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-02-15

The KeePass kdbx file is showing up in the Google Drive on my Android phone. I'm not sure how to make KeePassDroid on my phone start using that file.

That sounds like a problem for the KeePassDroid Discussion group.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks