open url and copy password

Help
2006-03-02
2012-11-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

when opening a url is there a way to ALSO copy the password associated with that entry to the clipboard?  the goal would be that i open a client and the password is copied to my clipboard so that i can just ctrl+v the password right into the password prompt.

(i believe there is a form generation plugin, but will that also work for cmd://?)

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-03

You don't need to copy the password, just set the Title correctly and use Global-Auto-Type.

If you want it all to happen without user intervention, try KeeForm on the plug-in page.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

paul, thanks for the response.  i actually did all that.  however, there is one little kink.  when there are multiple entries KeePass isn't sure which one to use and prompts you, which is why i asked the question.

here is the paypal example from the documentation:
      Auto-Type: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}
      Auto-Type-Window: PayPal - Welcome*

but what if i have 2 paypal accounts and want them both in KeePass?

when i click on the url field to open the window KeePass prompts me for which account to use rather than knowing that i want to use the one that i clicked on.

any thoughts on a way around that?

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-07

Sounds like a bug, KeePass should only check for duplicates when you use Global-Auto-Type.

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks