Downloaded latest version of KeyPass, lost all data

Help
Andrew
2013-07-26
2013-07-26
  • Andrew

Andrew - 2013-07-26

I used the KeePass-1.26-Setup.exe file to download the new version. When I opened KeePass, none of my entries were there. Fortunately, I have a spare copy of the file on another computer.

How do I get the existing data into the new version?

The last time I did an update, all the info was there right off without doing anything.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-07-26

How do I get the existing data into the new version?

The password database file is a file with a default extension of .kdb. In KeePass select File>Open then browse to your old database an open it. There is no need to import the password database.

The last time I did an update, all the info was there right off without doing anything.

If you always use the Installer version of KeePass, then KeePass should have installed into the same location as your previous version and retained your settings, including the the last opened file if the options were set in Tools>Options>Advance(tab). Check to make sure that KeePass 1.26 installed into the same location as the previous version.

If you mix installation versions, sometimes using the portable version (ZIP) and sometimes using the installed version (EXE), the behavior you described can occur because the two versions have different defaults for the location of the configuration file. Check the locations described to see whether the Keepass.ini is in multiple locations. The time stamp of the active configuration file will match the last time you exited from Keepass.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-07-26

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks