linux triger action problem

Help
MihAoo3k
2013-11-26
2014-11-10
  • MihAoo3k

MihAoo3k - 2013-11-26

Hi,

I have installed keepass2 on Ubuntu 13.10. I want to sync keepass db on Ubuntu with my remote server. I try to create action in trigger to get remote keepass db. I try to use scp command to get db:
    cmd:// "scp -i /path/to/private/key/id_rsa user@remote_host:/path/to/db/db-remote.kdbx /local/path/db-remote.kdbx"
    cmd://scp -i /path/to/private/key/id_rsa user@remote_host:/path/to/db/db-remote.kdbx /local/path/db-remote.kdbx
    scp -i /path/to/private/key/id_rsa user@remote_host:/path/to/db/db-remote.kdbx /local/path/db-remote.kdbx
    but none of above working.
    I create script file and execute scp command in script. Try to execute script:
    cmd:// "/path/to/script"
    cmd:///path/to/script
    /path/to/script
    but none of above working.

Keepass didn't exec action "execute command line / URL" on linux. Simple create file "touch /path/to/file" didn't work.
    Do you know any solution to exec scp command directly from keepass?

• Paul

Paul - 2013-11-26

I don't know if KeePass can execute Linux commands as it does in Windows.

KeePass can sync files in Linux if you point it at the files. Try a manual sync and if it's OK then create a trigger for it.

cheers, Paul

• MihAoo3k

MihAoo3k - 2013-11-27

Syncing works gut but I want to get file from remote location. If keepass cant exec command I can do this in shell.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-11-27

KeePass can get files via FTP etc without an external command.

cheers, Paul

• MihAoo3k

MihAoo3k - 2013-11-28

ftp is unsecure. I prefer scp or sftp but keepass didn't support it. IOprotocol didn't work on linux.

Last edit: MihAoo3k 2013-11-28
  • Paul

Paul - 2013-11-29

KeePass doesn't support SCP or SFTP natively.

During a sync no data is transferred outside memory unencrypted. Therefore moving the database across the internet is safe if you have a sufficiently strong master key.

cheers, Paul

• Megachip

Megachip - 2014-11-03

Any useful solutions by now?

Why typical nix protocols will not work within nix? ^^

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks