SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

KeePass2.13 WebDav Problems

Help
chris
2010-12-13
2014-09-30
  • chris

chris - 2010-12-13

I have Problems with my WebDav Share since Version 2.13… When i save the database it delete the old one and create a kdbx.tmp, but not the correct database…

Any ideas? Anyone with the same Problem?

• Paul

Paul - 2010-12-14

KeePass uses file transactions to write the new file.
    1. Write a temporary file.
    2. If write is OK delete the old file.
    3. Rename the temp file to the correct name.
    Maybe your webdav server doesn't support rename?
    I see there is a similar issue in FTP with V2.13. Have you tried an older version?

cheers, Paul

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2010-12-14

You can disable file transactions by unchecking the option "Use file transactions for writing databases" in 'Tools' -> 'Options' -> tab 'Advanced'.

Best regards
    Dominik

• Matt Van Mater

Matt Van Mater - 2012-10-02

I know this is an older post but just ran into this and it took me forever to figure out because it used to work pre-keepass 2.09 (when the DB save transaction feature was implemented).

FYI this still seems to be an issue on OpenBSD 5.1's WebDAV server (which is running a modified version of Apache 1.3 and some older variant of mod_dav).

It will appear in the apache server logs (/var/www/log/access_log) and webdav client logs as Error 502 Bad Gateway.  This is due to a bug in "older" WebDAV implementations that don't support a file rename process.

It would be nice if keepass handled this error more gracefully (i.e. produced a warning or log message: can not rename file as part of transaction) or some such thing.

Hopefully this helps some other poor soul out there!