Help please! KeePass 2.16 Error

• David Bailey

David Bailey - 2011-10-09

Been using KeePass for a while now and recently updated to the 2.16 version.   Been working fine until today.  I restarted my computer and now it will not even start.  This is the error I get:  "Unable to execute file:  C:\Program Files (x86)\KeePass Password Safe 2\KeePass.exe     CreateProcess; code 31.  A device attached to the system is not functioning"  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled; it installs but won't start.  The only device problem I'm showing in device manager I'm showing is an "unknown" device but I've always had that.  Also I've got Windows 7 Professional.  Thanks in advance for whoever helps.

• Paul

Paul - 2011-10-10

We need to identify whether you have a corrupt file or some other issue on the computer.
    Copy KeePass.exe to a USB stick and see if it will run from that. Then try it on another computer.

cheers, Paul

• jschreck

jschreck - 2013-12-06

I hate to necro this thread hard, but I am having the same issue. The keypass works on different computers. Thumbsticks and removeable hard drive as well. I am getting tempted to dive down registry. Any ideas?

• Horst

Horst - 2013-12-06

Try to reinstall .NET
    followed by KeePass

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks