Windows shortcut issue

Help
Anonymous
2013-01-11
2013-01-12
  • Anonymous - 2013-01-11

Hi all,

Has anybody successfully used the "ALT+SPACE n" Windows shortcut (KeePass: "% n") in the auto-type sequence in order to minimize the targeted application window?

KeePass V2 does not seem to treat "% " as expected: "%" (Windows: "ALT+") is just ignored.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-01-11

Works for me.
    Using the Auto-Type sequence "% n".
    I set a target window sequence to match the required application.
    Note: this probably won't work for KeePass itself as it doesn't like typing into itself.

cheers, Paul

• Anonymous - 2013-01-11

Thanks for your reply Paul.

The application I mentioned here above is TrueCrypt portable (encrypted container) - through its GUI.

It works for me as well if
    1. I set up a KeePass test entry with "% n" only;
    2. I split the complete auto-type sequence into 2 independent KeePass entries: password and minimizing shortcut;
    3. I do it manually by entering ALT+SPACE n just after the (correct) password auto-type sequence.

It does no longer work if I merge both sequences, with or without delay (up to 5000ms) between them.

Weird, isn't it?

Regards,
    Etienne

• Paul

Paul - 2013-01-12

What window are you minimising?
    How do you start the Auto-Type process?

cheers, Paul

• Anonymous - 2013-01-12

What window are you minimising?

The main TrueCrypt window, once the password child window is closed.

How do you start the Auto-Type process?

CTRL+U to launch TrueCrypt (which gets the focus), then ALT+TAB to switch back to KeePass and finally CTRL+V. I do this way to avoid further conflict between different TrueCrypt entries.

It looks like in the minimizing sequence "% n" (that does work fine alone!), the "%" is not taken into account: " n" is "correctly" inserted at the cursor position in the TrueCrypt main window.

Regards,
      Etienne

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks