in the newest version of KeePass (2.07) there is the option "Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation". How can I set this option for all entries in my database (which I have imported from version 1.x)? Is there any possibility to do this automatically? Or have I to do this by hand one by one?
Best regards (and excuse my bad english)
This is a rather old post but I have the same question and this one was not answered.
Is there anyway to set "Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation" globally for the entire database? I have a lot of entries and would like to use this feature but I don't want to do it one by one. If it is not a global option is there any reason not to make it one?
The reason why TCATO is disabled by default is mentioned in the TCATO documentation:
Because it doesn't work with all windows, it's an opt-in feature for each entry.
You can use the RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO plugin to enable TCATO based on target applications.
"Because it doesn't work with all windows, it's an opt-in feature for each entry."
I understand that, but it would be nice if advanced users can switch ON the TCATO witch one button/or config editing.
I would like to see this Option / switch too. :)
To enable "Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation" for everything:
1. In KeePass go to File > Export and then select KeePass XML.
2. Open the XML file in a text editor.
3. In your text editor go to Edit > Replace.
4. Under find: <DataTransferObfuscation>0</DataTransferObfuscation>
5. Under replace: <DataTransferObfuscation>1</DataTransferObfuscation>
6. Click replace all. Save your file.
7. Back in KeePass go to File > Import and then select KeePass XML and import your editied file.
8. Under import behaviour select "Overwrite existing".
9. Your database should now have all entries with TCATO enabled.
I am pretty sure that you can do this same thing in KeePass itself through the Tools > Database Tools > XML Replace. I didn't want to try and risk wrecking my entire database. If someone does work this out please post it.
OK here goes. Use at your own risk.
1. Open KeePass and go to Tools > Database Tools > XML Replace.
2. In the select nodes (XPath) field: //DataTransferObfuscation
3. Replace data: highlight inner text.
4. Find what: 0
5. Replace what: 1
6. Press Ok.
NOTE: This only changes all current entries to TCATO enable. It doesn't make it the default option or anything.
Warning If you type this in wrong you could wreck EVERTHING FOREVER! :)
- Export to XML.
- Open export file with Notepad++.
- Find & Replace.
- Import to KeePass.
- Secure delete export file.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.