What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. open keepass2 from terminal to get output
2. open a website in iceweasel, select the login field of the website
3. switch to keepass2 window, select appropriate entry, press ctrl+v
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- I expected it to auto-type the login, tab, autotype the password, tab, enter
- what's seen : the following lines show up in the terminal "/usr/bin/xdotool: Unknown command: getwindowname" and "Run '/usr/bin/xdotool help' if you want a command list", then the whole computer hangs for 30 seconds, and finally when it unfreezes, the password was typed in the login field, and the form was submitted.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
- fresh debian + gnome3 wheezy install
- dual 1680x1050 extended deskto, i placed both windows on same screen
- keepass2 (2.19+dfsg-2)
- xdotool (1:2.20100701.2961-3+deb7u3)
- iceweasel (17.0.6esr-1~deb7u1)
Keepass2 options :
- security tab : all unchecked
- policy tab : all checked
- interface : close button checked, alternated background checked, everything else unchecked. But the 4 advanced options are checked.
- Integration : nothing configured
- Advanced : "start & exit" option 1 and 2 checked ; "auto-type" match url and match host component checked ; "advanced" option 1/3/6/7/9 ; everything else unchecked
If you need any kind of additionnal information, just ask. Thanks in advance.
Your xdotool version is too old. As mentioned on http://keepass.info/help/v2/setup.html , you need xdotool 2.20100818.3004 or higher.
Thanks for the hint, i thought that debian would already include the right version to go with keepass2. Now autotype isn't really working, but it's because it doesn't find the right windows, i have to fix these entries.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.