How do you delete Columns

Help
WildChild
2014-07-20
2014-07-20
  • WildChild

WildChild - 2014-07-20

Dominik, Thank you for Keepass. I have just started using it but I have been following it for some time and have seen the improvements you have made from earlier versions. Very nice job. My question is how to I delete custom columns other than just unchecking them in the configure column menu. I accidently created two columns with the same name (Expiration Date) and cannot figure out how to delete one of them. When I look at the columns using the configure columns menu I see both of the columns listed. I know I can uncheck them but my concern is confusion in the database due to having two fields with the same name. Thanks for your help.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-07-20

Two apparently identical fields will appear in the 'Configure Columns' dialog if you accidentally created a custom field with a trailing space e.g. 'Expiration Date' & 'Expiration Date ' are different field names. You must rename/remove all instances of the incorrectly named custom field from the database before it will be removed from the the 'Configure Columns' dialog.

To rename/remove the incorrectly named custom field, display both columns then find an entry in each column containing a value and carefully inspect the custom field name in that entry. Once you have identified the column that corresponds to the incorrectly named custom field you must rename/remove the custom field in each entry that contains it.

• WildChild

WildChild - 2014-07-20

wellread1, thank you for the information. I actually found a typo (Expiiration) in my master template and correcting that took care of the issue. I would not have located this without your spot on info about the database. Thanks again.

Last edit: WildChild 2014-07-20

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks