Using Keypass with VitalQIP

Help
2013-02-08
2013-02-16
  • Brendan Abbott

Brendan Abbott - 2013-02-08

I love KeePass, and at work I'm forced to use a program called VitalQIP in which we manage/create/blah blah DNS entries and subnets for the whole company. When opening the program, it opens a login window that cannot be found under "Add Entry / Auto-Type / Add (target window) / Target Window." I don't know what makes this window different from others, but I cannot find a way to get KeePass to recognize it. I'm open to any ideas. I've closed every application except this window and the only thing listed is "Program Manager." I've tried running the program (ViatlQIP) as administrator, no luck. Anything would be appreciated.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-02-08

The only way I know of using auto-type in a situation like yours is to use the Perform Auto-Type (Ctrl-V) method. KeePass does not perform window title matching with this method. Instead, it types the default auto-type sequence of the selected KeePass entry into the current window. If you need to change the default auto-type, place the entry in a new group and define the default auto-type for that group by Right clicking on the group, then select Edit Group->Auto Type(tab)

• Paul

Paul - 2013-02-09

KeePass has an option to "Auto-Type selected entry" If you set a hot keys for this, then select the required entry in KeePass, opening the application and pressing the hot keys will do the rest.

cheers, Paul

• Brendan Abbott

Brendan Abbott - 2013-02-15

I couldn't find anything matching "Perform Auto-Type method" but the Auto-Type selected entry worked like a charm. Thank you.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-02-15

Perform Auto-Type is a feature similar to the Auto-Type selected entry. It is executed by right clicking on the KeePass entry that you wish to auto-type, and selecting "Perform Auto-Type" from the context menu that appears.

Glad you found a method that works.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-02-16

Tools > Options > Integration > System wide hot keys.

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks