Operation problem

Help
Mike
2014-07-18
2014-07-18
  • Mike

Mike - 2014-07-18

I have just installed KeePass 2.27 and entered a lot of passwords, saved the database and then tried it out on several websites but regardless of the site none of the passwords have been completed. I am using Google Chrome but also opened Internet Explorer to try that but again nothing happens. There is no indication on the Chrome toolbar that KeePass is installed or active. I have installed the KeePass addin for Chrome and it is enabled. I have followed the procedure in the KeePass tutorial – what else do I need to do. Additionally, my wife and I have three accounts on a financial site, all with different log in details – is there a way of accommodating this.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-07-18

KeePass does not automatically fill in your credentials. This is a security feature - nobody but you can login to a site / program.

You can use drag n drop to enter credentials, or you can use Auto-Type, where the site / program is matched by a KeePass entry and the credentials are entered for you.
    Auto-Type: http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

If you have more question please ask.

cheers, Paul

• Paul

Paul - 2014-07-18

Now that I've read your post properly I'll add some comments.

You can both share the same database and have several credentials for the same site. Simply create 3 records with the required credentials and if you use Auto-Type KeePass will offer all 3 records for you to select from.

The Chrome plug-in chromeIPass requires the additional plug-in KeePassHttp. Have you installed that?

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks