Password saving question

Help
2006-03-06
2012-11-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

If i type login to a site on using IE will my user/pass be automatically saved into keepass?

what if my autocomplete is completely disabled?

thanks!

• Ryan Morgan

Ryan Morgan - 2006-03-06

KeePass is an application independent of any browser, including IE.  Simply logging into a site using IE will not save anything to KeePass, regardless of AutoComplete (AutoComplete is a feature of IE and has to do with IE remembering login information internally).

• Nobody/Anonymous

ohh ok..

so if i log into my email neither the user nor pass will be automatically saved into keepass right?

• Nobody/Anonymous

and i have to imput the user/pass myself into keepass in order for it to save it right?

will it ever say anything like "do u want to save the user/pass to "blah" site?"

will it even reconize that i logged into a site that it doesnt have any entries saved for? or that i logged in with a new user/pass?

• Nobody/Anonymous

can anyone answer my questions please?

• goodnewscowboy

goodnewscowboy - 2006-03-06

From what I understand of your original question, you are trying to use user names and passwords on websites through your browser, and you want keepass to remember them automatically from the info you enter through your browser. Sort of like how Opera remembers new passwords?

If so, you are out of luck. Keepass is a program that creates and stores passwords in its own database and enables them to be used with websites either through the Auto Complete feature or the plug in named KeeForm.

• Nobody/Anonymous

ohhh ok..

can the program be manipulated or changed (perhaps by re-coding it?) to do so?

if yes, would this be in the form of a plugin perhaps? and it would be visible in the plugin window?

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-07

If someone wished to make a plug-in to capture IE login data, they would be welcome. I doubt Dominik (the developer) will be doing this.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

so someone could create a plugin to do this?

so if it's installed you could look in the "plugins" and see it there installed?

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-07

Yes.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes to both questions? and how hard would it be to create a plugin to do this? is there anyway it could be hidden so it doesnt show up in the plugins window?

is there any plugin out already that can do this (save users/passes)?

also could the program itself be edited to save users/passes from a browser?

thanks so much you guys

• Nobody/Anonymous

oh yeah and when the program is running does it's process show up in the task manager?

what if it runs in the background, can it run in the background? and does it show up on teh task manager then?

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-08

Yes to both. Very. Possibly.
      No.
      Yes.
      Task Manager shows KeePass, why would you not want to show it?

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

how hard would it be to hide it in the plugins window? and how hard would it be to edit the actual program so no plugin is required? thank u!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks