Error code 0x00000004

Help
SEG
2014-01-16
2014-01-18
  • SEG
    SEG
    2014-01-16

From what I have read re: this error code, I am using bad computing practices. But for the life of me I do not what I am doing wrong. I have KeePass 1.26 installed on a USB drive and use it at work and home. Within the past two weeks I have been receiving this error. I use Windows 7 at work and Windows 8.1 at home. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-01-16

Can you open the database on any computer?
    Do you use a password / key file / both? Is the key file available?
    Do you have a backup of the database you can try?

cheers, Paul

• SEG
      SEG
      2014-01-16

I can't open it on any computer. I use a password only. I tried to open the backup file and that does not open either. When I close out of KeePass I use the x in the top right corner of the program. When it takes a long time to save and close that is when I can no longer open the database. Thanks,

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-01-17

When it takes a long time to save and close that is when I can no longer open the database

Does this mean you are able to open the database, but after a save it no longer works?
    Are you saving to the USB, is the USB corrupt?
    If you save to hard disk is it OK?

cheers, Paul

• SEG
    SEG
    2014-01-17

Yes I can open the database a few times, but then after trying to save it, I can no longer open the database. I am saving it to USB stick, but I do not know how to determine if it corrupt. Saving to hard seems to work ok at this point.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-01-18

I think it's a reasonable bet that the USB stick is dodgy - not uncommon.

cheers, Paul