Problem with latest KeePass 2.x on MacG5

Help
2012-09-25
2012-11-19
  • John Hughes

John Hughes - 2012-09-25

I have installed KeePass 2.18 to run on new MacBook Pro with Mtn Lion. I could not import old kdb from my Mac G5 file into ver 2.18 on the MacBook, had to find a Windows machine to do that, then the kdbx file from Win7 version would open in Mac ver 2.18.  Augh.
    Now I would like to use the same file on my old Mac G5, using Dropbox to sync all my Macs and devices like someone suggested. I have installed both Mono 2.4.3 (for PowerPC) and then latest Mono 2.10.9 build 11, then KeePass 2.18 and 2.19 on the G5 (OS 10.5.8).  Neither will open the working kdbx file on the G5.  Am I stuck? I REALLY don't want to maintain two versions of my KeePass files on the two machines. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Erik P.

Erik P. - 2012-09-28

I reached the frustration point with the Mono-KeePass combo as well. I had checked KeePassX for the Mac OS X quite a number of times in the past but it was always for KeePass v1.x databases, couldn't open v2.x which I required. But I checked again today and just downloaded the latest alpha build of KeePassX v2.0, and it works!! I am able to open my v2.x file synced from KeePass v2.19 on Windows 7 via Dropbox. Hope that works for you too! www.keepassx.org

• Paul

Paul - 2012-09-28

Thanks for the update.

cheers, Paul