Open last used database on startup - not working

Help
bltkmt
2013-05-17
2013-05-18
  • bltkmt

bltkmt - 2013-05-17

I am running 2.22 on a Win7 machine...have used the software for over a year and love it. I have it set to run at Windows startup and would like it to open my database then. However, more often than not the software starts but does not open my database and I have to navigate manually to File=>Open Recent and open it. I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Any help here would be wonderful.

Thanks.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-05-18

Open last either works or doesn't. If it only works sometimes you have some very odd things going on.
    Check your config file(s) for the following lines.

<LastUsedFile>
            <Path>C:\Users\you\My Documents\Database.kdbx</Path>

and

<Start>
            <OpenLastFile>false</OpenLastFile>

If the OpenLastFile directive is not there or set to true KeePass will open the last DB at start up.

cheers, Paul

• develop1

develop1 - 2013-05-18

I too found open last file used somewhat fragile.
    When I thought about the situation what I really wanted was upon startup to always open a specific .kdbx
    This file usually would be the last file I touched but it didn't have to be.
    With the goal of ensuring startup always opened the correct file what I did was:

in advanced tab
    clear the check box for "Remember and automatically open last used database on startup"
    check the box for "Start Minimized and locked".
    in interface tab
    check "close button [x] minimizes main window instead of terminating application"
    check "minimize to tray instead of taskbar"

what I did then create a shortcut file to my kdbx (as in use windows explorer, right click file, create shortcut). I then placed this file into my windows startup folder.

from now on when I boot my PC the desired keepass filename is always started and minimized in my task bar and unless I go out of my way to file/exit the desired file will always be ready/waiting for me to use it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks