Auto-Backup if entry got edited

Help
Hugo
2013-01-22
2013-01-30
  • Hugo

Hugo - 2013-01-22

In KeePass 1 an auto-backup was created if an entry got edited. How to set this option in KeePass 2?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-01-22

The previous versions (i.e. backups) are kept in the entry's History tab. You can configure the History in Database Settings->Advanced (tab)

• Hugo

Hugo - 2013-01-28

Thank you very much! :-)

• Hugo

Hugo - 2013-01-28

PS: How to subscribe to my own threads as well as threads I participated in, so I get instant e-mail notification?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-01-28

These features are not genuine backups. If the database is lost or damaged all the data including the History will be lost.

You should always do regular backups of your database. This can be accomplished manually, by copying the database, or automatically with a backup plugin, a trigger, or a conventional backup program.

PS. The subscribe options are in the right corner of the black title bar at the top of the Thread or Forum.

• Hugo

Hugo - 2013-01-29

Of course, you are right. Thanks for the additional hint!

How can I delete all previous versions at once?

PS: So there is no possibility of e-mail subscription?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-01-29

To delete the History for the entire selected database: File->Database Settings...->Advanced(tab): Change "Limit number of history items per entry" to 0. This will permanently and immediately remove all History entries.

To delete the History of a single entry. Select the History entry that you want to delete and press the Delete button at the bottom of the window.

It looks like email notification is available only for the entire forum. Also, I have not found email notification to be completely reliable since the last forum software update.

• Hugo

Hugo - 2013-01-30

Thank you very much, wellread1! Your answers are really helpful. Thanks again!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks