Error on Password Agent -> KeePass CSV import

Help
2005-05-01
2012-11-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Please help if you can...  I'm running Password Agent 2.3.3, trying to switch to KeePass Password Safe 0.99b.  Running on WinXP Pro SP-2.

I'm simply trying to export all of my data from Password Agent to a CSV file, and then import that file with KeePass.  However, each time I try to import the CSV file, I get this message from KeePass:

"An error occured while importing the CSV file. File cannot be imported."

I've tried many different combinations of fields and sort order when exporting from Password Agent, but nothing I've tried works.  The information here didn't help, either:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1160067&forum_id=329221

Advice would be appreciated.

• Paul

Paul - 2005-05-03

Please provide an example of the export?

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

Got the same problem - unfortunatelly there is no way for importing csv from Password Agent to KeePass.

If you'd like to have some screenshots on that - just let me know. <p.blaze_AT_NO2SPAM_wp.pl>

Really hope you can solve it soon...

Brgds,
        PB

• scodan

scodan - 2005-05-03

Not really, because when I make small example CSV export files, they tend to work.  (That is, KeePass can import them without a problem.)

It seems the larger, more-complicated CSV files are what make it choke.  And it seems to be for more than one reason.  But I can't figure it all out.

In one case, I found that exporting over 100 entries made KeePass throw the error, but removing all entries in the CSV file after line number 25 made it import OK.

In another case, I found that KeePass wouldn't import the file, but wouldn't throw the error, either--it just wouldn't appear to do anything at all.

In yet another case, I found KeePass importing just the very first line of a CSV file, and ignoring the rest.

In still another case, I found KeePass importing the first few rows accurately, but then shift columns on the subsequent rows, for no apparent reason.  (That is, it would put User ID in the Password column, and so on.)

There is clearly something wrong with the way KeePass parses CSV files during imports.

Incredibly frustrating.

• Jon D. Irish

Jon D. Irish - 2005-06-13

Have you had any luck getting the CSV import from Password Agent 2.3.3 to work? I am having the same problems that you have described.

• Paul

Paul - 2005-06-14

The KeePass help file has a nice section on import data formats.

cheers, Paul

• Data Bitz

Data Bitz - 2005-09-12

Quick answer.
      In the Print and Export Wizard in Password Agent, select only the following Fields.
      Title
      User ID
      Password
      Link
      Note

• Nobody/Anonymous

I found that is possible to import passwords from Password Agent to KeePass just selecting smoller groups of them.

I've just moved group after group to csv and then imported them one after another to KeePass.

Moving all passwords at once was not possible.

Brgds,
      PB

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks