Autotype - two page login, how to use PICKCHARS on the seccond page only?

Help
James
2012-12-29
2012-12-29
  • James

James - 2012-12-29

How can I achieve the above, using custom sequence or similar?

If I use PICKCHARS in a custom sequence, it wants me to pick before I see the second page, I need to invoke PICKCHARS only on the second page.....

Help

• John

John - 2012-12-29

I do this in two stages on a web site where Page 1 asks for Username and Password, and Page 2 needs PICKCHARS.

I have a single KeePass entry where I define one AutoType sequence for the Username/Password Page 1, and a second AutoType sequence for the PICKCHARS Page 2. (I do not end the sequences with {Enter} as I like to make sure things are OK first).

When I arrive at the Username/Password Page 1, and I press ctrl/alt/a, KeePass offers me both AutoTypes. I choose the login AutoType, wait for the fields to be filled, then press Enter myself.

This takes me to Page 2 where I ctrl/alt/a. KeePass again offers me both AutoTypes, and I choose the PICKCHARS AutoType, choose the characters, wait for the fields to be written, then press Enter myself.

This technique is also useful where a web site asks for Username, Password and XXXX, where XXXX changes each time you logon between memorable name, memorable place, memorable date etc. Or where Page 2 is sometimes memorable date, sometimes memorable place etc. Set up AutoType sequences for each variant, and then choose the correct one according to what you find when you arrive.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks