Ctrl (Enter) key for host emulation

Help
mikeych
2010-12-23
2013-02-05
  • mikeych

mikeych - 2010-12-23

Hello folks!

I am using a PC 3270 (AS/400 or i5) host emulation software known as IBM Personal communication.
    The Enter key is represented by the right Ctrl key while the real Enter key has no effect

Is there a way to use the auto-type feature to execute the right Ctrl key? {Enter} doesn't work.

I know this was possible with keypass 1.x with {VKEY} but that was a 1.x only feature and I won't go back from 2.x to 1.x

Any hint would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, mikeych

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2010-12-31

I've now added the {VKEY X} special key code for KeePass 2.14.

You can find the latest development snapshot for testing here:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_101231.zip

Thanks and best regards
    Dominik

PS: The implementation of {VKEY X} required the delaying code to be rewritten. Therefore, please also test whether your {DELAY X} and {DELAY=X} statements are still working fine.

• mikeych

mikeych - 2011-01-13

Hi dreichl

Delay is working very well. Unfortunately I don't get {VKEY} to work. I have read in this thread http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/forums/forum/329221/topic/2188522 that {VKEY 163} could represent the right Ctrl key but it doesn't work. Is there any table which shows which number stands for which character?

Cheers, Michael

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2011-01-13

Yes, search the web for "winuser.h" and look for VK_* definitions (and convert hex to dec).

Best regards
    Dominik

• mikeych

mikeych - 2011-01-13

Hey Dominik

Thank you for the list. 163 is indeed the right ctrl key.
    Either it doesn't work or the software doesn't understand the {VKEY 163} input unless I am using the wrong syntax.
    For the moment I have a workarround by using another host software where Enter is Enter and not the right Ctrl key instead of enter.

Maybe you have an idea what the problem could be?

Cheers, Michael

• Hank Watson

Hank Watson - 2013-02-05

With 2.2.1, {VKEY 163} now works with my emulator [ SDI TN3270Plus ].