How to Update Portable Keepass

Help
20pictures
2013-05-22
2016-03-09
  • 20pictures

20pictures - 2013-05-22

I have read the recent posting on how to update Keepass but it seems to refer to the standard version, not the portable. What is the correct process for updating a Portable Keepass?

• 20pictures

20pictures - 2013-05-22

..ooops RTFM:

Updating:
    Download the latest portable package of KeePass, unpack it and copy all new files over the old ones. Your configuration settings will not be lost (the settings are stored in the KeePass.ini file, which won't be overwritten, because KeePass ZIP packages don't include a KeePass.ini file).

• S. Lane

S. Lane - 2016-03-09

Maybe this changed since this post, but I don't have a *.ini file in my portable installation. The only "extra" file that I have that didn't come inside the update package was the KeePass.config.xml file, so I left that in place and copied everything else over the top of the old files. Seems to be working just fine, does this .xml file contain all my personal config settings now instead of a .ini file?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2016-03-09

RE: I don't have a *.ini file in my portable installation.

It sounds like you are using KeePass 2.x. Verify that you downloaded the portable install package for the correct edition (in your case 2.x). The config file for this edition is keepass.config.xml and is not updated or included with KeePass. The update does not modify this file and the user should not modify this file during an update either, or all settings will be set back to default values.

Note: The config file for the KeePass 1.x edition is keepass.ini.

Last edit: wellread1 2016-03-09

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks