KeePass not responding and crashing after trying to view a PDF attachment

Help
ifrx
2013-01-04
2013-01-07
  • ifrx

ifrx - 2013-01-04

Trying to view a PDF attachment of a KeePass entry is causing 100% system load on a Windows Xp Sp3 machine and KeePass is not responding anymore. Trying to close the active KeePass window is causing a KeePass crash.
    How can that be solved?

• Paul

Paul - 2013-01-04

KeePass does not have a built-in PDF reader. You need to save to disk and open from there.

cheers, Paul

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2013-01-07

I've now added a hex viewer mode to the internal data viewer. The hex viewer mode now is the default for unknown data types.

When the hex viewer is opened, the displayed data is capped; users can show everything by clicking the 'More' link at the end (but almost no user will do this). The capping avoids the performance issue. Of course, when clicking 'More' or trying to show the data in the text viewer, performance can still be low (Windows shows the text and I don't see how this process can be interrupted cleanly).

Like Paul wrote, PDFs are unsupported by the internal data viewer (and thus treated as unknown data, opened in the hex viewer); extract and open manually.

Here's the latest development snapshot for testing:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_130107.zip

Thanks and best regards
    Dominik

• Paul

Paul - 2013-01-07

Looks good with my limited testing. You get quite a lot of the file before "more".

cheers, Paul

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2013-01-07

Great, thanks for testing it :-)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks