What does this program really do?

Help
2006-02-25
2012-11-19
  • Hello People, I'm a bit perplexed as to what this program really does. Does it insert your passwords atomatically or does it just save all your passwords in one database that you need to open if you forget a password? I appreciate any help, Lost in PA

• Ryan Morgan
      Ryan Morgan
      2006-02-25

KeePass does both.  The main purpose of KeePass is to act as a single repository for all of your login/password information.  Remember one password (and/or use the key disk) and you have access to all your login data.  In addition, the author has put in some really nice features to automate the login process in websites and other applications.

So basically, the answer to your question is "yes".

• Thanks Ryan. Can you explain to me just how the login process works? It's kinda hard to find any info as to how the program works. When I go to a website that requires my username and password, then what do I do? I appreciate the help, Dan

• Ryan Morgan
        Ryan Morgan
        2006-02-26

Look in the help file.

Feature descriptions -> Auto Type

• Look for "Auto-Type" in the help file.

A lot of users prefer the extension "KeeForm":

http://keepass.sourceforge.net/plugins.php#formfiller

• Sam Hobbs
      Sam Hobbs
      2006-02-26

I am a new user too (I installed yesterday) but I think the documentation does explain the "login process". Therefore people will be less likely to answer a general question. If you are unclear about something specific, then ask specific question(s).

• Hey thanks people, that's just the help I needed. Rock On !!!