Password Not Passing Correctly???

Help
Marc
2013-10-24
2013-10-24
  • Marc

Marc - 2013-10-24

I'm passing a password from Keepass to WinSCP (part of IOProtocolExt.plgx) using the WebAutoType.plgx process. I don't think the password is being transmitted correctly because my login fails; however, it works fine if I copy the password for the entry and paste it manually over the password that was sent before pressing Login. Here's my URL Override parameter syntax: cmd://"{APPDIR}\KeeRun.exe" "{URL}" "WinSCP Login" "{USERNAME}" "{PASSWORD}" "+{TAB} F {TAB 2} {S:Server Name} {TAB} {S:Port Number} {TAB} {UserName} {TAB} {Password} {TAB}" Every other box appears to fill correctly but I can't display the password to verify it was sent correctly -- the character count matches. It works fine if I use this syntax but it requires me to populate the values within the string: cmd://"{APPDIR}\WinSCP.exe" "ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@URL:PORT" Anyone have any thoughts on why this is failing when I send it via autotype?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-10-24

The URL field is not designed to perform an auto-type sequence. You are mixing Placeholders (e.g. {PASSWORD}) that are appropriate to use in the URL field, with Auto-Type Special Keys (e.g {TAB}) that are not appropriate for use in the URL field. See the help file describing the URL field capabilities.

• Marc

Marc - 2013-10-24

In hindsight I think I stated part of that incorrectly. I'm using KeeRun (part of KeeForm) to execute the URL code. Does that change anything? I took it right from the KeeRun documentation which allows for special keys.

• Marc

Marc - 2013-10-24

Well please disregard my post. I was able to get it to work. Apparently there was very minor syntax error -- extra space -- that was causing it to fail.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks