Auto-Type (Ctrl+V) does not work 100% in Firefox

Help
kippr
2014-06-06
2014-06-06
  • kippr

kippr - 2014-06-06

I have a more complicated password (with special characters) on a quite popular site: Gmail.com

Auto-Type (Ctrl+V) works flawlessly with same password on Internet Explorer/Chrome. Password without the special characters works flawlessly on Firefox as well.

With the special characters I have to use the Ctrl+B - Ctrl-C; insert username and password separately; the password even multiple (after I tried the Ctrl-V method first) times to be recognized.

Similar issues I had on a MyBB forum as well.

Is it a Firefox or a KeePass issue?

Last edit: kippr 2014-06-06
  • wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-06-06

Many sites have compatibility issues with some or all special characters. If you are having a problem with a particular special character on a particular site, select a different password or use a different character. Special characters are not the essence of password strength.

If you want to report what you believe is a bug, describe the situation in sufficient detail for it to be reproduced by others.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-06-06

Two alternative spring to mind.
    Add a delay to the password Auto-Type. {DELAY=100}
    Drag n drop instead of copy/paste.

cheers, Paul

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-06-06

KeePass Auto-Type is browser independent except for the ability to "Prepend special initialization sequence for Internet Explorer windows". I have not heard of a character set limitation on keystroke based input to webpage fields displayed in Firefox, but the Mozilla website would be the best place to explore that possibility. However, websites pages may be browser dependent, and browser addons could conceivably introduce compatibility issues for some characters.

Also if TCATO is active for the entry, turn it off.

If you have an example that illustrates the problem, you could post details.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-06-06

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks