chris
2012-10-11
2012-11-19
  • chris

chris - 2012-10-11

Keepass 2.20
    using IE 9
    User name is an email address

When i activate the auto type all i get is the @ sign typed in the user name blank then the keyboard locks up. I can only close out the IE window to release the keyboard lock. I tried to replace the @ sign in the user name with {at}. That removed the @ sign from the user name blank but still no other letters are typed into the login or password blanks.

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-11

Try the example Auto-Type with the Test page.
    If that works we can then work on your real login.

cheers, Paul

• chris

chris - 2012-10-11

created a new one entry and added the keepass test page.  When activated i got a pop up window that said

Username: @
    Password:

And then the keyboard locked up.  I have to close out the browser completely to be able to type again.  I also tried it in Firefox with the same results.

Thanks!!

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-12

Seems likely that you have a clipboard manager or similar that is interfering with the Auto-Type.

cheers, Paul

• chris

chris - 2012-10-12

How do i find that out?

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-12

It should be listed in your installed program list. Start > Run > appwiz.cpl

cheers, Paul

• chris

chris - 2012-10-15

Pulled everything installed on the computer and could not find anything that sounds like that. Any other thoughts how to get it to work?

• chris

chris - 2012-10-16

New information!

If i have two entries that have the same autotype activation window header, I get a pop up that asks me to choose which keepass entry to use. When I pick one the autotype works correctly.

To test this I went to the keepass test page and tried the single entry again.  It failed by only typing the "@" symbol.  I added a duplicate entry with the same test page header and I got the pop up window to choose which keepass entry to use and when i picked the originial entry again it worked correctly.

What would cause a single entry to fail and dual entries to work correctly???

Thanks!

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-17

The only thing I can think of is you have set an unusual Auto-Type string.
    Edit the entry for the one that doesn't work, click the Auto-Type tab and tell us what you have set.

cheers, Paul

• chris

chris - 2012-10-17

I was using the default keep pass db and test website. I copied the test entry and added it back in for my duplicate test results.  Very strange!

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-18

Please create a new DB with a test entry and try again. If it still doesn't work post the test DB and your KeePass.config.xml files.

cheers, Paul

• Danyal

Danyal - 2012-11-14

I spent a couple of days researching on this issue and found it be UAC related. I have been using keepass 1.x on this same computer (win 7 ultimate x64 SP1)  and recently upgraded to keepass 2.x, which stopped working.

The method being used, System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys.SendWait, was sending the user and password to the application but nothing was being typed on the screen.

Google SendKeys SendWait + Windows 7 and first few hits point to this already known solution:
    Local Security Policy > Security Options > User Account Control: Turn on Admin Approval Mode should be disabled.

I swear I had this setting disabled first thing after installing the OS but I think a recent Windows update might have turned it back on again.

At least I got to look at the source code of an amazing product and out of curiosity wrote a google drive sync plugin. Yay :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks