KeePass 1.25, can't exit the program

Help
barbecue
2013-02-21
2013-02-22
  • barbecue

barbecue - 2013-02-21

Suddenly a few days ago I was unable to exit the Keepass application. I'm not talking about clicking the X and having it minimize instead of closing. I'm familiar with that setting, and that's not what's happening.

I am unable to quit or exit the program in any of the usual ways. Clicking the X in the upper right corner does nothing. If I go to the File menu and choose Exit, nothing happens. If I hit Alt-F4, nothing happens. Right clicking on the tray icon and choosing exit doesn't work either, neither does Ctrl-X. The only way I can close the program is by killing it from task manager.

The problem is not related to any specific database, it happens even if I just open the application without opening any database at all.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no improvement.

Any suggestions?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-02-22

Did you make any changes to your system prior to having the problem? Try starting Windows is safe mode and see if you still have the problem. Also what operating system are you using?

• pldoolittle

pldoolittle - 2013-02-22

I may having the same problem. Working fabulously until a few days ago, now this. All attempts to close the program result in minimize and locked DB. Must kill process to exit.

Running v1.25 on XP, no changes to system. Also syncing via Sugarsync for use on KeePassDroid v1.99.2.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-02-22

How long before this behaviour happens?
    Do you need a database open?
    Can you make it happen by doing specific things beforehand?

cheers, Paul

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-02-22

Patch Tuesday was Feb 12. Did you check when the last updates were installed? Were any other updates installed? Does KeePass exit work when you boot to safe mode?