KeePass locks up computer

Help
Anonymous
2012-11-05
2012-11-19
  • Anonymous - 2012-11-05

Hey all, I had been using KeyPass 2 without any issues for roughly two months, until recently it started locking up my computer whenever I opened it. I haven't made any new hardware changes to the computer (Windows 7 laptop) nor can I recall installing any new software either.

The basic summary is this: I open KeePass 2, I see my password database, and it seems fine for about 30 seconds or so. Then, it stops responding and I get the little Windows spinning circle. After that, other programs being to stop responding, ie Outlook, Chrome, Firefox, Notepad,etc. When this happens, I can then no longer even bring up the task manager to attempt to kill the program, and am left to hold the power button down until my computer shuts off.

What I've tried: Uninstalling, re-installing, installing to a different partition, using KeePass 1, checking for malware, running a chkdsk for hard-drive errors. and all to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

• Paul

Paul - 2012-11-06

You installed KeePass V1 and it still locked up?
    Try creating a new database and see if that's OK. Maybe your database is HUGE!
    Have you tried a repair install of .NET?

cheers, Paul

• Anonymous - 2012-11-06

I did a repair install, then decided to do a full install of .NET 4.5, and then uninstalled/reinstalled KeyPass, and it's working again! Thanks a bunch!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks