Using MiniKeePass on iOS after being only used to KeePass on Windows XP

Help
2014-06-14
2014-06-14
  • Sebastian Lenz

Sebastian Lenz - 2014-06-14

First off - I'm NO expert!!!

I love KeePass, but would also love to use my windows database to transfer it to MiniKeePass for use on iPhone 5S, however I just can't figure out what I have to do to accomplish that goal.
    Someone will have to "write" me through the process, if anyone cares...
    Please help me!
    I'd include you in my prayers if necessary, or start praying in the first place...

Many thanks,
    Sebastian

• Paul

Paul - 2014-06-14

MiniKeePass works just like KeePass, you tell it to open your database, enter the master password and away you go.

To make your KeePass database available to MKP you can use TeamDrive, Dropbox or other cloud sync service, your own web site or copy the file directly to your iphone. The easiest is probably a cloud sync service as changes will be moved between devices without too much effort on your part.

Using your database on multiple devices risks losing data if you modify the database on multiple devices. The suggested triggers in KeePass will alleviate the problem.

cheers, Paul

• Sebastian Lenz

Hi Paul,
    can you just add where to find the database and which file format it should have?
    Thanks, Sebastian

• Paul

Paul - 2014-06-14

You don't change the file format.
    KeePass will tell you which database you are using when it asks for the master key.
    Where you store the file on your iphone is up to you.

cheers, Paul

• Sebastian Lenz

Thanks Paul, got it now, what a relief!!!

Have a great summer,
    Sebastian

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks