Ipay web site

Help
blaser
2012-02-11
2013-07-18
  • blaser

blaser - 2012-02-11

I'm trying to configure keepass to autologin to this web site not sure how to.
    Help will be appreciated.
    https://ipay.adp.com

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2012-02-11

Assuming you want to invoke KeePass auto-type after pressing the Login button, the appropriate window title is: "Authentication Required".  Stepwise instructions for KeePass 2.x (procedure is different in KeePass 1.x):

1. Navigate to the https://ipay.adp.com/ and press Login.  Leave the login pop-up window open.
    2. Switch to Keepass and make a new entry with a title such as: "ADP ipay Statements"
    2. Enter your username, password  & URL ( https://ipay.adp.com/ ) in the appropriate spots on the entry.
    3. Select the new entry's Auto-Type tab and press the Add button.
         a. Select "Authentication Required" from the "Target Window" drop down (the drop down displays a list of all open target windows)
         b. Leave the "Use default keystroke sequence of the entry" selected.
         c. press OK and save the entry.
    4. Close your browser.

To use
    2. Double click on the "ADP ipay Statements" entry's URL in the KeePass main view (do not open the entry). The website should open in your default browser. 
    3. Press the website Login button (the pop-up should open with the cursor already in the Username field)
    4. Press the KeePass global auto-type key (default is  LCtrl-Alt-A).

The Username & Password that you entered in the KeePass entry will be typed into the pop-up (assuming that you have never modified the KeePass default auto-type sequence). 

You can automate pressing the Login button by creating a custom auto-type sequence, but it may cause more trouble than the mouse-click that you would save.

-wellread1

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2012-02-11

The pop-up target window title needed by KeePass is browser dependent.  It is "Authentication Required" for Firefox  & Chrome, but "Windows Security" for IE.  You can define different auto-type sequences in the same entry to match the two different window titles.

-wellread1

• Neo Phema

Neo Phema - 2013-06-17

Great answer. Over a year later I find I want the same site.

The procedure works except for two errors;

1) The L-CTRL-A sequence often enters only the USERNAME and not the PASSWORD. Most times it fails, occasionally it works for the name & password.

2) The other error is a pop up "No password field found. Do you really want to continue?". If I ignore it and proceed I can complete 1 above.

Any automation hints you might add will help future users; I was amazed and pleased to find this page and to find it so relevant to a particular obscure website.

Thanks.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-06-17

1) The L-CTRL-A sequence often enters only the USERNAME and not the PASSWORD. Most times it fails, occasionally it works for the name & password.

Make sure that the cursor is shown blinking in the "User Name:" field before initiating the auto-type sequence. The standard auto-type sequence {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER} appears to work fine for me (it fills in both fields and initiates a login that produces a "Login attempt failed" message because I don't have an account).

Some additional things to do to identify issues are: remove the {ENTER} and verify that both fields are successfully filled in. Depending on the performance of your computer you may find that it is necessary to add a pause ({DELAY X} placeholder) before of after the {TAB}; or it may be necessary to slow down the entire sequence with a {DELAY=X} placeholder at the end of the sequence.

e.g. {USERNAME}{DELAY 500}{TAB}{DELAY 500}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}{DELAY=100}

In the sequence above:
    {DELAY 500} adds a 0.5 second delay before and after the TAB and
    {DELAY=100) adds a 0.1 second delay between every keystroke

2) The other error is a pop up "No password field found. Do you really want to continue?". If I ignore it and proceed I can complete 1 above.

I can't produce this pop-up error. Where, precisely, does it occur in the login sequence?

• Neo Phema

Neo Phema - 2013-06-19

The popup error comes one second after the browser is launched. I thought "auto type" might have been the culprit but that didn't help.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-06-19

Do you have a form filler add-on or other password manager installed in your browser? Did you try a different browser? I don't observe the pop-up with Firefox 21.0 on Win 7 Home.

• Neo Phema

Neo Phema - 2013-06-24

I am going to blow it away and start afresh. I think I have a configuration issue.

Thank you much for your help.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-06-24

The "No password field found" message implies you have KeeFox running. Try disabling it and testing the login by bringing KeePass to the front, right clicking on the entry and selecting "perform Auto-Type".

cheers, Paul

• Luckyrat

Luckyrat - 2013-07-18

I don't recognise the "No password field found" message so maybe there's an add-on other than KeeFox involved.

Chris
    (KeeFox developer)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks