open in read-only mode

Help
2005-09-05
2012-11-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

how can i run keepass in read-only mode (like -r in password safe)?  the * after the filename on the title bar is great, but sometimes, i forget if i really did modify something on purpose or by accident.

• Paul

Paul - 2005-09-05

There is no such mode in KeePass. That is what backups are for.

cheers, Paul

• Paul

Paul - 2005-09-05

Auto Backup thread: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1276843&forum_id=329221

Don't forget the KeePass option to backup modified entries.
      Edit | Options | Advanced. Under Backup tick Save Backups.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

I agree with the poster, this has happened to me before.  I forgot if I
      intentionally changed something, and if I did, I dont know one.  I ended up
      checking each and every entry against the backup, just to be sure (all 50 of
      them).  Backups are great, but for forgetful people like me, the read-only
      option could be very helpful.  I seldom open my password db in modify-mode
      anyways.  I hope the developers will consider this suggestion.  Thanks for
      the good work guys!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yeah, I guess that would be a nice option to have.  I have some test accounts I need to share with my team, but I don't want them to do changes to the password database, intentional or not.  If there is a way for them to open the database in read-only mode, other than file permissions, that would be great.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks