I installed KeePass on my 81 year old fathers new computer. It runs fine, except ChromeIPass. I have the extension loading in Chrome, but I can't get the KeePass glugin to install.
Is it possible it is a access control problem?
ERROR! The markdown supplied could not be parsed correctly.
Did you forget to surround a code snippet with "~~~~"?
Have you also loaded [KeePassHttp](https://github.com/pfn/keepasshttp/ download from https://passifox.appspot.com/KeePassHttp.plgx)?
1) Install KeePass
2) Install KeePassHttp by dropping KeePassHttp.plgx into the KeePass Program Files directory
2a) Log into KeePass
2b) Verify KeePassHttp has been installed correctly by checking Tools > Plugins
3) Navigate to any page containing a password
4) Click the KeePass icon in the URL bar and click the "Connect" button
5) Switch to the KeePass window and enter a descriptive name for your "Chrome Browser" into the dialog that popped up and click save.
6) Your passwords are now securely retrieved from KeePass and automatically entered into password forms and fields when needed.
7) Passwords in KeePass should be entered with the "Title" containing the domain or host name for the site in question; KeePassHttp does some basic pattern matching, for example "google.com" would match http://login.google.com/ if there were such a thing. (KeePassHttp 220.127.116.11 now searches the "URL" field in the same way)
8) If you are ever lost, click on the KeePass icon in the URL bar and it will let you know status as well as any available options.
Thanks for the reply and sorry it took so long. We live about 400 miles apart. I have it running fine on my home Win7 and WinXP machines with no problem.
On the Win8 machine the KeePassHttp.plgx file is in the KeePass folder with the KeePass.exe file. I have downloaded it three times and even copied it from my WinXP machine through drop box. But when running KeePass on Win8, the plugin never loads into KeePass.
Does anyone else have ChromeIPass running on Win8?
Runs fine for me.
I just copied over my keepass2 dir from Windows 7 into Windows 8.
All plugins are recognized and working.
Also ChromeIPass was automatically added to my Windows 8 Chrome installation.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.