Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation (TCATO) - how to check it ?

Help
drfix
2013-05-04
2013-05-13
  • drfix

drfix - 2013-05-04

Hi!
    I want to find a simple way to check if this option is active and working in my keepass or not.Please advice :)
    P.s. I did not find a simple button to enable this TCATO globally, so I did install a plagin RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-05-04

You could set the Auto-Type to have a 1 second inter key delay - {DELAY=1000}. Or try a key stroke recorder.

cheers, Paul

• drfix

drfix - 2013-05-04

How to do it correctly? (this delay)Could you advice some good and free keystroke recorders?

Last edit: drfix 2013-05-04
  • Paul

Paul - 2013-05-05

Open a test entry.
    Select the Auto-Type tab.
    Select "Override default sequence".
    Add {DELAY=1000} to the beginning of the sequence and save.
    Open Notepad.
    Bring KeePass up and select the test entry.
    Press Ctrl V.

cheers, Paul

• drfix

drfix - 2013-05-12

Thanks :)But it's check just if TCATO working in single site. So, it is working and I like it :)
    But I would like to know if it's working globally by default in my system. Because of this I did install this RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO. I don't know how to check if this plagin does working at all :)
    Perhaps you can ask for creator to add a global button for all with exception capability. Thanks again.

Last edit: drfix 2013-05-12
  • Paul

Paul - 2013-05-13

In KeePass TCATO must be turned on for each entry.
    The RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO plug-in allows you to turn on TCATO for each application, e.g. Internet Explorer.

cheers, Paul

• drfix

drfix - 2013-05-13

It doesn't comfortable to turn on for each entry :)Does using RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO only is enough?
    I must enter the name of the application manually, for ex. firefox in the left corner of the RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO plug-in and save it, right?Or it is active by default for all applications on my system?

Last edit: drfix 2013-05-13
  • Paul

Paul - 2013-05-13

You must set it per application.

cheers, Paul

• drfix

drfix - 2013-05-13

Thanks a lot :)It is finally working on my system :)
    One more thing. About this TCATO and keefox plugin. I did install this plugin,cause it more comfortable to me.At least I can't find a way to use keepass alone with same functionality that keefox have.
    My questions:(sorry for that, I am trying to set it like I desire)
    Does this obfuscation really works while I do click on Key symbol of the keefox(or using auto submit function), or this plugin just transmit the login and password directly without any obfuscation? I did found some option of using some different port in keefox. Perhaps it is more secure? What port should I choose and where to set it inside the keepass(in order that communication between them shall continue)?
    Very many thanks.

Last edit: drfix 2013-05-13
  • Paul

Paul - 2013-05-13

KeeFox is more secure because it places the password directly into the browser without typing, but malware that collects form data will still steal your passwords.

cheers, Paul