Roboform functionality

Help
2006-04-05
2012-11-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I have been using Roboform for a while now and when I found Keepass the other day I was looking forward to switching until I realized how limited the Keeform plugin is. The two features I use most in Roboform with Firefox is the "save" which automatically remembers and stores all fields and the URL. The login and Identities function is the second which takes you to the URL (if applicable) and fill the forms for you and even submit the form if you've selected that option. According to what I can tell with my tests, Keeform can't do either without manually creating a type of macro for each login. Am I wrong?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Keeform is a small and simple script, but it can handle 99.99% of the usual username/password logon style pages. It does so, without saving any information about the website itself (and therefore doesn't need any additional data storage or so).

Do you have an example, where it doesn't work?

There are some tricky pages like ingdirect.com, where KeeForm doesn't work. But neither does Roboform :-)

PS Currently, firefox doesn't support KeeForm

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have used RoboForm for a while and find it very functional especially at financial websites like bankofamerica and other similar sites where they use a sitekey wherein you log in twice differently.  I have not been able to figure out how to do this with Keepass and Keeform but with Roboform it is just a click and I'm in all the way in.  Any feedback on setting Keepass is indeed appreciated.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Correct, KeeForm only works for "single logons".

• Paul

Paul - 2006-04-06

KeePass may be able to perform double logins if there is a consistent key sequence.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

How do I do it?  Can you please put your thoughts on this forum in response.  Thanks a lot.

• Paul

Paul - 2006-04-09

KeePass just types key, with pauses if you require. You can use any sequence of keys and pauses. Check the Help file.

What is the key sequence you use to login?

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

There are two scenarios.  When all browsing history is cleared the sequence is a bit different, irregardless it is still a two step process.

Scenario one:
      When all browsing history has been cleared ...
      Specific URL
      Username
      Password
      Click on login/Enter
      This will take you to a second authentication screen/web page ...
      Password
      Click on login/Enter

Scenario two:
      When browsing history has not been cleared ...
      Specific URL
      Username
      Click/Enter
      Bring you to whole new screen or web page (secondary authentication)
      Password
      Click

User thus logged in.

• Paul

Paul - 2006-04-11

That makes automating it with keystrokes difficult unless you have 2 KeePass entries. Even then the timing of the second page is critical. Is there a way to only have the one scenario?

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have tried with two KeePass entries but am sad to say that it didn't work for me.

The only way to have one scenario is keep the history (cookies specific to this site) all the time.  We will then be looking at creating an automation sequence for scenario two above.

RoboForm does this this automation seamlessly.  What I mean to say is that RoboForm works with either scenario, I wonder how they do it.

Sid

• Paul

Paul - 2006-04-13

KeeForm is written using AutiIt. You could try writing a specific version for this login?

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ha Ha very funny :)  I wish could write code.

Is there a tutorial or a reference or examples of some sort so I can learn and try to write a specific version for this login?

Cheers!
      Sid

• Paul

Paul - 2006-04-14

If you want to learn AutoIt, study the au3 files that come with KeeForm.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just today I have downloaded AutoIt V3 in full from their website.  I have already looked at the code and it is really "greek & latin" to me.  It will be a while before I put it to some good use.  Thanks to everyone that has spent time trying to help me out with my problem.  For now I have resigned and I'll continue to use my manual method with the hope that the developers of KeePass and KeeForm will beat me and my learning skills to a more comprehensive user interface for password and form automation tools.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Cheers, Sid

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks