Menu

[Linux] Discrepancy between KeePass on two seperate computers running Xubuntu 14.01

Help
marinecomm
2015-07-11
2015-10-20
  • marinecomm

marinecomm - 2015-07-11

I have a laptop (32-bit) and a desktop (64-bit) using FireFox on both. I successfully installed KeePass 2.29 on the desktop and everything works fine. However, I can't seem to get it installed on my laptop even though I followed the instructions to the letter. First I tried installing through synaptic. That didn't work. It continues to say "KeeFox needs to install some extra things before it can work on your computer. Click here to do that." I click the link that says "Install KeeFox" and it takes me to the page showing how to setup KeeFox on a Mac or Linux system. I even downloaded the .zip file, extracted to my home directory and in the options pointed it to the either install locations (the location installed by synaptic and the home location where I put the KeePass folder from the .zip file). No matter what I do I can't seem to get KeePass installed on my laptop. I also noticed that when I did a search for 'KeePass' in synaptic on both computers, synaptic on my desktop showed more files (mainly extensions) for KeePass than on my laptop. Synaptic on the laptop seems to be missing the extension files. I am running Xubuntu 14.01 on both computers. I am at a lose as to what to do now. Any suggestions?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2015-07-11

KeeFox is a third-party form filling addon for KeePass. Your best option for help with KeeFox is the KeeFox forum.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2015-07-11

There are some installation instructions for KeeFox on linux at https://github.com/luckyrat/KeeFox/wiki/en-%7C-Installation-%7C-Linux

Last edit: wellread1 2015-07-11
  • MTS52

MTS52 - 2015-10-20

Hi marinecomm

I faced similar problems when trying to install KeeFox in firefox on both Ubuntu and also Linux Mint.
    I will give a link here to the page on the web. When following the instructions exactly it all works like a charm.
    I uninstalled KeePass via Synaptic first as the instructions only use the terminal.
    The main problem is you have to install mono complete for it to work. (It's huge - many files.)
    If you are familiar with using the terminal to install via cut n paste you should have no problems.

The document I followed is:

http://sysads.co.uk/2014/05/integrate-keepass-2-firefox-keefox-ubuntu-14-04-13-10/

Hope it all works for you.

Cheers.