Auto-Type fill in without hotkey

Help
2006-03-22
2012-11-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

HI,

i´m using keePass very often. Is it possible to start an auto-type without hotkey ?

IF i start my windows application ... he should enter the username and pass automatically.

Thanks,
    H0schie

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-23

KeePass works the other way around, it launches the app and allows you to login. Have you tried using KeeForm to launch the app?

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

no ... i haven´t.

Can you explain me how to open an app ?

Example. Application is located at C:/xx/xyz.exe

Thank You,
      H0schie

• Nobody/Anonymous

okay ... i managed this with KeePrg2 is that correct ?

it works fine inside the keepass application with the button (Open Url(s).

But it doesn´t work if i start the application tt.exe ... nothing happens ?
      Is it possible that i start the application tt.exe and the pass is filled automatically ?

another question:
      I have an application cc.exe which is a logon area(titel = logon)
      inside this logon area i could open a lot of new windows (titel =logon-xxx) where i have to enter the pass. But everything is still in the cc.exe which is allready opened.

how could i manage this ?

Thanks,
      h0schie

• Paul

Paul - 2006-03-23

Open URL is the only option with KeePass. KeePass will not find out what you have opened and then type the password - this is no security.

You can use Global-Auto-Type for cc.exe, I'm not sure if you could use KeeForm.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

h0Schie,

regarding your first question:

this should be possible. What is tt.exe? Please provide more details, and I show you how it works.

regarding your second question:

You basically mean a login within a login (may be something like remote desktop, and then an another login from within the remote desktop?)

In this case it is better to use KeePass' Auto-Type (twice basically).

• Nobody/Anonymous

h0Schie,

regarding your first question:

this should be possible. What is tt.exe? Please provide more details, and I show you how it works.

regarding your second question:

You basically mean a login within a login (may be something like remote desktop, and then an another login from within the remote desktop?)

In this case it is better to use KeePass' Auto-Type (twice basically).

• Nobody/Anonymous

Okay.

tt.exe is a normal windows 2000/xp application.
      If it opens a box appears (Titel=tt Login) and i have to enter a {PASSWORD} only. (User is not necessary).
      If the Password is entered (without ENTER) the Box closes and the application opens.

I wan´t to open tt.exe and then ... the Password should filled automatically WITHOUT pushing STRG+ALT+A (Hotkey).

I have another application called "sap.exe"
      This application has a small window(table with session links) and if you click at a sessionname(link) a new sessions(client) openes. Each session(new window) has it´s own login {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}.
      The Problem is ... everything is called in the sap.exe and if i manage this with KeePrg2 only the first window opens not the session with the login.

I looked the manual an saw that the sap.exe could have parameters(Sessionname).
      With this parameter its possible to open session directly.
      Example:
      sap.exe "parameter1".

But this parameter has to be entered with "" quotation marks it doesn´t work without "".
      And this can´t be entered correctly in KeePrg2 cmd .

Any ideas ?
      Thank you very much.

H0schie

• Nobody/Anonymous

add 2)
      i forget to tell that each session has it´s own title(x1 session, x2 session, x......)

H0schie

• Nobody/Anonymous

How about?
      cmd://KeePrg2 "PATH\tt.exe" "Sign In" {USERNAME} {PASSWORD} "{_PASSWORD_}"

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes it works fine ... but only if i click "open url".

i want to have it filled automatically if the application starts !

Any ideas ?

• Nobody/Anonymous

This is not possible currently in KeePass

But would be a nice feature. Please add it to the long list of feature requests :-)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks