How to configure multi sites with the same name so the global auto-type will work?

Help
Bobart
2014-01-29
2014-01-30
  • Bobart

Bobart - 2014-01-29

How to configure multi sites in KeePass with the same name (Login or index) so the global auto-type will know for each site which name and password too use? So i don't have to chose between multiple choices?

Example: Right now i want to login to same page but in my keepass DB i have 3 sites with "Login" in "Title". Can i somehow change that keepass will check "URL" and not "Title" and so the global auto-type will work?

I would appreciate some screen shots?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-01-29

The webpage URL is located in a browser child field that KeePass can not read. However you can remove the ambiguities by using a browser addin or KeePass plugin. Browser addins can post the URL or hostname to a browser's Window Title where KeePass auto-type can read it. Or the WebAutoType plugin allows Keepass to auto-type based on the URL.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-01-29

You can add multiple Target Windows using the name "Login" or "index" and KeePass will then give you a choice.
    What version of KeePass do you have and we will provide specific instructions?

cheers, Paul

• Bobart

Bobart - 2014-01-29

I have version 2.24. Thank you Paul in advance.

Last edit: Bobart 2014-01-30
  • Bobart

Bobart - 2014-01-30

Is it not possible that KP know once you edit "Target windows tab" exactly on which site you are and doesn't give you a choice? So it does it automatically?

Example. I have 3 sites with "Login" in the name. I edit the "Target windows tab" for each site separately and then when i go to one of this sites and i want to login, KP will now without my input know which user-name and password to use?

• Paul

Paul - 2014-01-30

KeePass does not do anything automatically. If you have multiple "login" pages you will need to tell KeePass which entry to use.

Edit the entry and select the "Auto-Type" tab.
    Add a custom sequence and enter "login*" in the Target window field.
    Now when you press the Global Auto-Type hot keys KeePass will match your entry to any window with a title that begins with "login".

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks