How can I submit my plugin?

2008-12-26
2012-11-20
<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)
  • Paul

Paul - 2011-02-14

Rename KeePass.config.xml and try again.

cheers, Paul

• Alejandro Orozco

rwd717 I had the same issue as you, and I fixed it by searching floatingpanel in the windows registry and deleting that folder

• DTC-Bob

DTC-Bob - 2011-02-22

alejo0121:

Thanks!  This worked perfectly.  Very much appreciated.

• zbytes

zbytes - 2011-03-11

Cleaning the floatingpanel key from the registry works. But the problem shows up each  time you alter floatingpanel's default settings, whereupon it writes to the registry. Right after the next crash, it won't be able to start up again, until you manually remove this registry key again. While keeping default settings unchanged, floatingpanel will crash also, but can be restartet without problem.

Actually the reason for the plugin crash seems to be a casting bug, which appears on mouseover in menu separators.

System.InvalidCastxception, Object of type "System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSeparator" cannot be casted to "System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem"

This is the error message, that is left behind (sorry only german):

<System.InvalidCastException: Das Objekt des Typs "System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSeparator" kann nicht in Typ "System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem" umgewandelt werden.
       bei KPFloatingPanel.MainForm.miGroup_DropDownOpening(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDownInternal()
       bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDown(Boolean mousePush)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnMenuAutoExpand()
       bei System.Windows.Forms.MenuTimer.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• zbytes

zbytes - 2011-03-11

The preceedently described crash only apears reproduceable on menuitems containing submenus, whereupon a menu/sttolstrip separator is displayed at the bottom of the menu. On the first time, you enter the menu, all works fine. If you enter the same menu for a second time, floatingpanel crashes.

• zbytes

zbytes - 2011-03-11

Addendum:
    Do not close the floatingpanel menuwindow to provoke the bug! Only enter a menuitem with toolstrip separator at the bottom, move mousepointer to menuitem above or below, move back to menu with bottom separator. Crash.

• Brian B

Brian B - 2011-03-16

Anyone having issues when employing Expirations?  It would seem that all my entries are listed as expired though they are clearly active for another month…  I have tried to clear out the history on these, but that still does not change the status of the entry even after clearing out the plugin cache and restarting the application.  They only show properly when no expiration date is specified.  See image below…

• Mickey4Mice

Mickey4Mice - 2011-08-01

I just found this plug-in, it's awesome! wonder how I lived on keepass for years without this little add-on…keep up the good job.

• maxcharlesworth

maxcharlesworth - 2012-01-23

I have just updated both KeePass and this plugin to the 2.18 version and get the following error screen before I am prompted to open my password db…
    Anybody got any thoughts?

Otherwise it's a great plugin!
    Thank You!

• Mitch Capper

Mitch Capper - 2012-01-24

Make sure you JUST (as of last 36 hours) updated as I just got the new version on the plugins page this past weekend.  If so then you should not have an issue as long as its the 2.18 version and you are running 2.18 keepass I just tried from the website to verify.

• maxcharlesworth

maxcharlesworth - 2012-01-24

Thanks for the quick reply Mitch…
    I have downloaded both KeePass 2.18 & KPFP for 2.18 from the website again now.
    I have also removed all traces of "floatingpanel" from the registry and all appears to be working again.

Many Thanks for a quality plugin & support!

• Decay

Decay - 2012-03-21

Sorry, i have cleaned the registry and tried to reinstall this plugin. but i get always this message that the plugin is incompatible. I use the last version of KeePass and the last version of this plugin.

• bytezmoi

bytezmoi - 2012-04-04

This is how to fix or create a workaround for the ToolStrip crashing issue (you should first delete or rename KeePassFloatingPanel.plgx and exit KeePass) :

1. Download the source code from the plug-ins downloads page, and extract the folder to your KeePass directory.
    2. Open MainForm.cs in an editor
    3. Around line 523 you will see the following block of code:

if (RootGroup.Groups.UCount != 0) {
    ToolStripSeparator seperator = new ToolStripSeparator();
    if (Parent == null)
    pmPasswords.Items.Add(seperator);
    else
    Parent.DropDownItems.Add(seperator);
    }

4. Edit that block so it becomes as follows:

// if (RootGroup.Groups.UCount != 0) {
    // ToolStripSeparator seperator = new ToolStripSeparator();
    // if (Parent == null)
    // pmPasswords.Items.Add(seperator);
    // else
    // Parent.DropDownItems.Add(seperator);
    // }

5. If you use Notepad++ for your code editor you can just select the block of code, right-click and select Toggle Block Comment.
    6. Save and close the file.
    7. Open a Command prompt and change to the location of your KeePass.exe
    8. Type the following at the prompt and then press

KeePass.exe -plgx-create

9. A dialog box will open for you to select the plugin sources directory. Navigate to it, select it and OK.
    10. You will be returned to the command prompt which you may now close.
    11. Open KeePass. The program will compile the plugin and create a new KeePassFloatingPanel.plgx
    12. You will now find that the toolstrip separators are no longer used and KeePass will no longer crash because of them.

• Mitch Capper

Mitch Capper - 2012-04-04

Thanks for the work around although I would like to track down the exact bug.  Can anyone provide the exact steps required from a clean keepass install to get the crash to occur?

• James Pask

James Pask - 2012-04-08

Hello

I've been using Password Commander for some time and am considering moving to a platform which is still maintained. I've looked at various options and have dismissed almost all of them because they didn't have floating panels which is an absolute must as far as I'm concerned. I was really pleased that there is a plugin for KeePass but wonder if I can put forward a request for how it could be improved?

On Password Commander (at least the earlier version of 2.3 - the latest version 2.9 that I can find also has the "auto type" option.) you could hover over an item in the tree and it'd expand and you could then click on the option that appeared. For example, if I had a "Favourites" branch, I could hover on that, it'd expand and then I'd see my "email" link. I'd just have to click on that and it would autofill. With the KeePass plugin there is the need to expand the tree further to click "auto-type" - could this be changed so that if you wanted to autotype you just clicked the option and maybe double click it to edit it?

Hope this is possible.

• bytezmoi

bytezmoi - 2012-04-08

For me it was just rapidly moving between menu and submenu items that crashed it. Windows 7. It did not matter if the last item on a menu was a separator, as I also added dummy entries after subfolders to see if that fixed it. For me, eliminating the separators completely is what got rid of the crashes.

• Paul

Paul - 2012-04-08

James, the easiest way to use KeePass to auto-fill is to use the Global Auto-Type hot keys. Then you don't need to use the KeePass window at all, except to unlock the database.
    http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html#autoglobal

cheers, Paul

• Mitch Capper

Mitch Capper - 2012-04-08

Again if anyone can detail how to reproduce the crash I can probably fix it but until I can reproduce it I can't fix it:) 

Bytezmoi its primarily optimized to work off keyboard shortcuts so the floating panel would be able to auto launch your favorite then using the global hot key autotype the login.  You could also change the default action most likely beyond the url options currently there.

• Daniel Harding

Daniel Harding - 2012-05-02

I am the same..it ran a few times and it was awesome… but now I get that DLL error.. I have deleted the cache DLL and removed the whole plugin and then restarted and re added the plugin but get the same error….

Can't wait to have the plugin back working it was really good for the short time ti worked :)

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2012-05-03

Are you using the latest versions (KeePass 2.19 and KPFloatingPanel 2.18)? For me, these two work perfectly fine together.

• Daniel Harding

Daniel Harding - 2012-05-08

I am using both those versions and still having the issue. V2.19 for keepass and 2.18 for floating panel

• Mitch Capper

Mitch Capper - 2012-05-08

Guys really we need a few more reproducable details.  We need steps like:
    1) Install keepass downloaded from X
    2) Copy the PLGX from location Y to the keepass plugins
    3) Run keepass
    4) Create a new database
    5) Save the database but don't add any entries
    6) Restart keepass
    7) things will crash

Without steps to reproduce we really can't troubleshoot it.

• Alexey

Alexey - 2012-09-15

When I try to select item i see this errpor message http://clip2net.com/s/2iL0s
    Keepass 2.20

<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks